+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: HK MARK 23 vs MARK 24

mew
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Default HK MARK 23 vs MARK 24

I know there are a few other comparisons out there mostly the infamous MARK 23 vs Tactical which was a classic to be sure. The following is a photo comparison ONLY of the size difference between the Mark 23 Socom .45 and the new HK45C (aka MARK 24). While the supressor shown is not a Ti-Rant (which is the chosen one deservedly) it is more than close in size, to give you a good idea the differences in these 2 fine pistols I am proud to own. I know there are a few people here that will enjoy the rivalry of yesterday and today and how far it has come............ gotta love it!!!
    they both shoot as good as they look but, the Mark 24 truly is the baby brother of the Mark 23, but every bit as great if not better.

Last edited by mew; 09-11-2011 at 09:50 PM. Reason: pic added
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

Very Senior Member

The extended mag looks off. You should retake photos with the normal mag. It is neat seeing the differences though.

On a side note: With the angled slide of the HK45c, it looks sharp with a round suppressor. The Osprey seams to be designed for the for squarish USP and Mark 23 slide.

HKPRO Professional

The HK45CT comes with the 10rd mags, that is how they are going to be issued as well. The Ti-Rant will be the compact version of the suppressor as well.
    Certified HK Roller Delayed Blowback Armorer
    Certified HK P7 Armorer
    Certified HK USP Armorer
    Certified HK 416 Armorer

mew
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Quote Originally Posted by singtoe View Post
    The extended mag looks off. You should retake photos with the normal mag. It is neat seeing the differences though.

On a side note: With the angled slide of the HK45c, it looks sharp with a round suppressor. The Osprey seams to be designed for the for squarish USP and Mark 23 slide.
    yep it does look off and kind of ugly, but like GM said thats the way they are issued.
    I use my 10rd mags for range only.
    Last edited by mew; 09-11-2011 at 01:01 AM.

AGG
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Great pictures--- thanks for the comparison!!!
    I am old school--- Mark 23 for me--- better for pistol whipping when ammunition is exhausted.

Tony

HKPRO Professional

I cannot stand the sight of the abomination, aka, extended magazine on the HK45c. Awful!!

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I cannot stand the sight of the abomination, aka, extended magazine on the HK45c. Awful!!
    Gotta agree here. The 45c is a great looking pistol. Wish I could say the same for the extended mag.

Very nice pics for comparison!

HKPRO Professional

The military isn't going for looks when deciding which pistol to issue...I am one of the few that likes the way the 10rd looks though.

HKPRO Professional

Quote Originally Posted by DBrigade81 View Post
    Gotta agree here. The 45c is a great looking pistol. Wish I could say the same for the extended mag.

Very nice pics for comparison!
    Not talking about the looks, but the fact that they take a "Compact" sidearm and make it a "Compact" sidearm with a malignant growth that totally takes away from the utility of the weapon. Why not just employ the HK45?

HKPRO Professional

The full size is a little bigger, and although they share the same name, it is not the same pistol. Read this interview from Vickers and Hackathorn from pistol-training.com where they explain the differences, more of their design was left in the compact version, that is why I believe they went with the compact and not the full size.Reading this interview is what made me decide to with the compact over the full size.
    pistol-training.com HK45 Interview with Ken Hackathorn and Larry Vickers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links