HKPRO Forums banner

night sites

4K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  DaZe831 
#1 ·
WHich are the best night sites to get for the H/K USP compact 9 mm?
thanks

#3 · (Edited)
I agree with the Heine suggestion. It's efficient.

Here is the a photo of the TruDot Mepros I have on my USP45

I cope with them, but they actually took getting used to due to my eyesight. You may actually love 'em.
I still think that they just are too "small" (they're not tiny, it's the diagonal cut on both sides I speak of) and rely on all three dots more than actual shape. I hope to overcome this, but I do really think those Heine sights are great innovation. Again, this is my opinion and not a fact that is valid for everyone. So I do suggest if you like the factory sights, then go for those.

#6 ·
The Meprolight night-sights are called TruDot not TruGlo. Truglo is a completely different company.

Personally, I like the Meprolight TruDots very much, both in daylight and at night. . . and the USP Compact 9mm is the only handgun I've ever truly regretted selling.

#8 ·
I highly recommend Meprolights which are factory original equipment for HK, SIG Sauer, and Glock. Meprolights have stood up to actual, hard duty use for me for many years with not a single problem. They provide an excellent day and night sight picture. And they are not effected by gun oils/CLPs, something I can't say about other NS brands. Bill

#9 ·
Heine Straight 8s are the ticket!! Very easy to get front sight on target FAST! Yea, they are something else to install. Took me 1/2 hour to do mine. A little hand fitting on the front & rear sights. Had to trim down the set screws. Drift in & out ONLY, the sight pusher can't get a grip on the slide. All in all, an easy thing to do.

I found I shoot them better than my factory sights.

#11 ·
I vote Trijicon. The only reason HK installs Mepro's on their guns is because they get them so cheap from the manufacturer. I have Trijicons on my HK .45C, and they glow unbelievably brightly in the dark and are very easy to see in daylight hours. I am also installing Trijicons on my full size HK .45.

My guess is that everyone will have different preferences. It is really difficult to say one is better than the other, people like different things. My advice is to look through the night sights threads and check out some of the pictures, and if you can, try and check them out in person. Also, another factor is if you plan on installing them yourself, or if you will have HK/gunsmith do it for you. I was told the Trijicons and Heinie sights are more of a pain to install than Mepro's or others. Good luck!

#12 ·
I vote Trijicon. The only reason HK installs Mepro's on their guns is because they get them so cheap from the manufacturer. . .
That statement is misleading. The night-sights that HK includes with their guns are bought under a large contract consisting of many thousands of sets of sights. Because of this fact, they are indeed purchased cheaper than they would otherwise be if they were purchased one set at a time. No matter what brand of night-sights HK would have chosen to equip all their pistols with, they would be getting them cheaper from the manufacturer as part of a large contract purchase.

#15 ·
Everyone has different preferences and opinions. One thing I will say is that Meprolight TruDots are NOT cheaply made nor lesser in quality than any of the others. All of the sights mentioned above are high-quality, and are on an equal par with each other. The differences come down to personal shooter preference, and NOT better or worse overall.

#16 ·
I just got the slide of my USP-T 45 back from Heinie today with Straight 8s installed. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but they are really something else. Small non-obtrusive dots that are easy to see in the light and glow bright enough to see in the dark.

Gotta give the gun a thorough cleaning then it's off to the range.

#17 ·
My mepros are very bright to me. I'm not sure what more you'd want. Night sights aren't supposed to be a laser beam... You have to have your eyes able to adjust to low light... Although, mine reflect off the stainless slide quite nicely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.