HKPRO Forums banner

Grading USP Match condition

4K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  frogman342 
#1 ·
I am starting this new thread here to get the info I am looking for (started talking in the heads-up section on a related link to an auction but was getting off topic for that section)

I have a USP Match .45 SS that I want to sell. I am trying to figure out a value seeing as how the range seems to be wide. So I was listening to people pick apart the condition of the "used" 1s that have sold or are selling recently.

So what "wear" should I be looking for? To me, it looks darn near perf...well let's not get carried away...It looks great, especially compared to some of the others. The weight shows no wear. I never cleaned it with solvents (just elbow grease) and the paint is not worn like its been in an out of a holster. The rub marks on the barrel just look as expected for a shot gun.

What is the wear in the mag well that I should look for?

Its looks to be a 97 "KH" & I got it in 2001 where it has basically has hardly seen the light of day...leaving just 3 yrs unaccounted for.

Can any 1 help?

See less See more
#3 ·
Pics will help for sure. I may be interested. PM sent.

#7 ·
Overall it looks to be in good condition. Still it would be better to get nice close ups of the barrel where it contacts the slide up front, the back near the chamber, the interior of the magwell, the back of the firing pin assembly......for a collector. For a shooter it's good enough for me. Leaving comments in the other thread.

#22 ·
so there are some detailed pics...as you can see its good. the wear i reckon could be done by 10 rds...i personally only put about 200 through it (and a much better shooter than myself put 10 rds on top of each other when i 1st got it).

is it close to collector quality? I know that it doesn't have the bag (which to me probably means it didn't have -just a cardboard box?) nor manual but those can be obtained I suspect they are not serial# specific.

#24 ·
Your Match pistol looks in great shape and it's usually the weight that gets beat up the most when it's shot a lot. Most cases it's paint scrapes and dings, but your's seems in good order. Barrel doesn't seem to have much slide marks on it. The frame, slide, mags all look good to....and the internals look clean, although firing pin looks like it has some residue (or maybe that's oil) on it, otherwise it looks LNIB. So I would give it on a scale of 1-10 a 9+

Given it's a SS model and if you have the original box, fired shell and paperwork....then you could easily ask $1800-$2200 to start, and given recent interest, you will likely see it sell in the mid-high $2K...maybe even closer to $3K. Good luck!

p.s. She's a Beaut!

#26 ·
So let me get this straight (just in case I ever see one for sale in person): The way to know it is an original Match is the fact that the serial number on the extended barrel matches the serial number on the slide and the frame? Does the word "Match" only appear on the weight?

#27 ·
The word match only appears on the weight. A match HK will also have the serial number as you described, a match trigger and the HK factory adjustable sights. Some matches came in nylon cases and some came in cardboard boxes. They also come with extra O-rings for the barrel and a sight adjustment tool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.