Suggestions for Tactical Handgun Training in SC?

Thread: Suggestions for Tactical Handgun Training in SC?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Suggestions for Tactical Handgun Training in SC?

Does anyone know of a reputable tactical training course available in SC or near enough by in GA or NC? The main one I'd be looking into is Blackwater's, but if something worthwhile is closer, I'd be glad to be informed.

Thanks.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I have not been to this course but several of my co-workers have and they highly recommend it: Bill Rogers in Ga.

Rogers Shooting School - Reactive Shooting Training
    SR9-TC,91,MR762,416 10 inch,SL-6,SL-7,SL-8x2,MP-5N,USC and a USC to UMP 45,Tan and Black Mark 23, USP 45 Elite&Expert,USP Expert 9mmx2,USP 45T Black-Tan-Green frame's,USP 45CT,USP 45 Match HE&SS,USP 45f Green-Grey-Tan Frame's,USP 45c 50th,USP 40T,USP 40f Custom Combat Green-Tan Frame,USP 40c Green-Grey-Tan Frame's,USP 9mm SS,USP 357c,USP 9T,P2000 & P2000sk 357,HK45,HK45T Tan-OD-Black,HK45T&45 all Tan,HK45c FDEx2,VP9x3,P9S,P7 PSP,P7 M8 w/TB,VP70Z,4.380x2,19mm Flare Gunx2,26mm Flare Gunx3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This GA forum has a bunch of listings for various training sessions... a couple for combat pistol.
    Firearm Discussion • View forum - Training

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tigerswan I'm scheduled to go to their 2 day tactical pistol class next summer.
    Hidden Content
    Le prixs'oublie,la qualité reste

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I have had several co-workers go to Tigerswan also and they highly recommend it as well.

TGS
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Tactical" as in you want to play Delta Force for a day, or learn how to use a gun for concealed carry?

Check out Grey Group Training. It's sort of like a talent manager for lots of instructors, many who teach courses in the Ft Bragg, NC area. They schedule for TigerSwan, which Wolvee mentioned and I've heard nothing but great stuff about TigerSwan. Also Redback One, Larry Vickers, Kyle Defoor(I think) and some others. All of these guys are on my to-do list.

Rogers shooting school would be fantastic, as mentioned. That's on my to do list for shooting courses throughout life.

If you want to practice force-on-force, managing contacts, grappling, retention shooting, ect, then check out Shivworks. He's doing his ECQC course in Georgia and NC this year. From how everyone raves, it's probably the most applicable and well presented gun training you can get for concealed carry, if that's your aim. I can't wait to do his ECQC course this year.

Look up F2S Consulting and see if he's got any classes going. He'd be in NC as well.

Keep in mind that a lot of these instructors may have prerequisite shooting abilities you need to meet. For all of these guys here, I would have no qualm driving 7 hours+ to get to the course. They're top notch, and you won't be let down. Not only are they regarded as great teachers, but they've all got real life fighting experience in their expertise.
    DA/SA P2000. Because HK doesn't hate me, and I don't suck.

HK P2000 9mm v3: GrayGuns RRDP, Meprolight Tru-Dot night sights, HK45c mag release
    Usually residing inside a CCC Shaggy AIWB holster.....

Dream gun: Mauser M03 Stutzen

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I went to Blackwater, when they had a range in Mt. Carroll IL. We were all envious of those who were able to attend classes in Moyock--I suggest you make the trip if it is at all possible.
    skorittnig

"Beware the fury of a patient man"

Sponsored Links