+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HK USP 45 Tactical case question

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Default HK USP 45 Tactical case question

I see them coming in hard and soft cases.... What designated them to come in hard and soft cases...

Colors ? Different years...?

Unrepentant HKHolic

The earlier ones came in tactical soft cases. I think in '05 they began shipping in plastic cases.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by Warpdrv View Post
    I see them coming in hard and soft cases.... What designated them to come in hard and soft cases...

Colors ? Different years...?
    They saved money by switching to molded plastic cases vs the Eagle Industries "Modular Handgun Cases". Originally MK23's were shipped in woodland camo, USP45T's in black and other assorted colors (OD green, gray, sand, tiger stripe camo, etc.) were used for special reasons, bid samples, limited additions, etc. The case was designed by HK and built by Eagle.

G3Kurz

My Expert came in the soft case. I've seen some for sale I think either on HKparts or the official HK USA webstore. But the the layout seems different than the originals. Fewer accessory pouches I think.

-W

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by williamthewolf View Post
    My Expert came in the soft case. I've seen some for sale I think either on HKparts or the official HK USA webstore. But the the layout seems different than the originals. Fewer accessory pouches I think.

That's right. The newer cases with 'HK' stitched on the outside only have the retention strap and double mag pouches. Missing are the larger accessory pouch and the suppressor pouch. I still bought one anyway since those pouches would be simple to duplicate if I wanted them.

Thanks guys for the info.
    Always nice to know the lineage.

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - using Skynet

PROFESSIONAL WEB SURFER

Quote Originally Posted by azimuth View Post
    That's right. The newer cases with 'HK' stitched on the outside only have the retention strap and double mag pouches. Missing are the larger accessory pouch and the suppressor pouch. I still bought one anyway since those pouches would be simple to duplicate if I wanted them.
    I wonder if the pouches in this Blackhawk SOCOM case matches the inside material of the case HK sells on its webshop. $67.99 for the Blackhawk case plus $56 for the HK case would be cheaper than trying to get an old HK Tactical case. It should because they're made by the same company (and sold under Blackhawk & HK brands).

Amazon.com: BLACKHAWK! SOCOM Pistol Case: Sports & Outdoors

HK: Yeah, I've got that!

Nice find TooSixy....

I am looking to pick up another USP 45 Tact. and many I am finding are newer models that come in the plastic case...
    That link will come in handy. I'd hope it was the same material...

Looks like after searching I came up with some reviews on this link from others...

Seems to be exactly the same...

http://www.opticsplanet.com/reviews/...ase-black.html

I have an HK Tactical USP that came with this style case. This Blackhawk case is identical, except for no HK tag and different manufacturer.
    Last edited by Warpdrv; 02-07-2012 at 02:29 PM.

PROFESSIONAL WEB SURFER

Quote Originally Posted by Warpdrv View Post
    Nice find TooSixy....

I am looking to pick up another USP 45 Tact. and many I am finding are newer models that come in the plastic case...
    That link will come in handy. I'd hope it was the same material...

Looks like after searching I came up with some reviews on this link from others...

Seems to be exactly the same...

Reviews for BlackHawk Discreet SOCOM Pistol Case, Black, 10x13x2.5in - 66SS00BK - View or add your review!
    Yes, it's the same case as the one from Amazon. The price on Amazon fluctuates a bit. You can buy these for $58 if you keep looking or checking every few days. I got 2 for $58 from Amazon with free shipping.

This case is the same as the Eagle Industries one (the old HK Tactical), minus the HK logos. If you can live without the HK logos (outside and inside the flap) then get the Blackhawk and be done with it.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Yeah, I saw that the Blackhawk case pouches looked identical to the HK case pouches, but I have some family member who run a shop that can make pouches for me for nothing and they would be exactly the same as the HK pouches all the way down to the thread. There was a camo case that went up on gunbroker (I think) that was missing the suppressor pouch and tha accessory pouch. I alsmost bought it and had those pouches reproduced, but I really didn't need another case...

The HK cases are kool and everything, but not 200.00+ kool. Can't believe what they are selling for now. Saw a camo go for over three hundred a while back...dude.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links