+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Does this look right?

I personally have only shot the gun and removed slide 3 times, and the lever 2 to look at it and try to figure out the issue. Love this gun helluva shooter

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss0311 View Post
    Your gun is perfectly fine. There are numerous threads on this very subject. Type' hkpro loose slide release', 'hkpro rattle', 'hkpro lever rattle' in google to find numerous posts on this. Keep on shooting.

Loose Ambi slide release on HK45.......owners jump in here please
    Super easy P-series slide release rattle fix
    HK P30. UGH, I forgot how much this stupid rattle bothered me.
    P30 right side slide release is loose
    Thank you for this!

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Yes and you might as well go ahead and order a new TRS. Yours will "probably" be breaking within the next few thousand rounds since you removed the slide stop levers from the frame. Just an advisory.
    Really??? I've removed the main slide lock lever, not the one on the right side...no issues taking it out and putting it back in...i don't think the TRS is something to worry about.

and as for the ambi slide stop lever, should be ok how it hangs low. My P2000 does this, shoots fine.

Quote Originally Posted by GTXR390 View Post
    Really??? I've removed the main slide lock lever, not the one on the right side...no issues taking it out and putting it back in...i don't think the TRS is something to worry about.

and as for the ambi slide stop lever, should be ok how it hangs low. My P2000 does this, shoots fine.
    Thanks I agree I think he may have been being a wise ass

Very Senior Member

It seems that a lot of sarcasm detectors failed in this thread, and for it to go on for four pages must make for a record. Your gun is fine. Go out and have fun with it.

Thanks for the above comment, being new to these guns, I should not have taken it out( I guess), but was trying to pin point a problem. I was not sure if he was being serious of if it was sarcasm, but figured it out. I did not pry and tear anything up, I was gentle and took my time after reading how to do it.

Maybe I am stupid, but what does the whole captive thing even mean? When my gun was assembled(over seas) at first it was taken back apart by hk(of columbus) in order to installl the v1 trigger spring which would have already made it not captive, unless they re-captivated it(if this is even possible). If I need to replace the spring I will, but just dont want to do any harm or have any issues

PROFESSIONAL WEB SURFER

It means you don't remove the slide release completely (off the frame) in order to field strip it, like the USP series. Push it out far enough so you can see the red bar on the slide release, then stop.
    HK: Yeah, I've got that!

Very Senior Member

EDIT NVM. I totally forgot the p30 and HK45s are slightly different. I take back a bit what I said about sarcasm. Not all replies by gtm were smart-alec. About the rattling slide release on the breach side, I think this is fine. About the other things, I won't comment further since I did forget the p30s strip slightly differently from the HK45s, and I was only thinking of the HK45 at the time.
    Last edited by harkamus; 03-08-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    It means you don't remove the slide release completely (off the frame) in order to field strip it, like the USP series. Push it out far enough so you can see the red bar on the slide release, then stop.
    Thank you again and sorry for my ignorance on these pistols, but thank you for taking the time to explain and not make me feel like an idiot. Would replacing the trs spring make it captive again? Would this be the correct part? I have the v1 light lem HK P30 | P30 light trigger - HKPARTS.NET
    Thank you again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Links