+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ? P30 Trigger upgrade coming from HK ?

Default ? P30 Trigger upgrade coming from HK ?

Saw this on another forum.

"Can't say much, but at the last steel match I participated in I got to meet and talk to the HK shooting team - and let's just say after breaking the ice and sharing ideas I was informed HK Germany is evaluating a drop in solution that brings the reset travel down to minuscule levels - think 1911 like. I couldn't believe what I was hearing! Other items are in the works - let's hope HK Germany listens and moves forward with this amazing solution."

Who knows if there is a any validity to it, or just internet rumor. But kind of sounds like a "match trigger" upgrade might be coming similar to the one for the USP series :)

TGS
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Don't get too excited.

Even if it happens, they'll argue whether to produce it at HK GmbH or HK USA. By the time they decide to produce it at HK USA, they'll also have decided to drop their contract with Wilcox in order to open an actual HK factory in the US...yet still introduce a prototype at SHOT Show and list it on their website, ending in incessant vaporware questions on HKPRO.com while HK USA gets their own production facility up and running. They'll break ground a year later, but not build the factory until 5 years after that. By then, HK will decide to drop the P-Series match trigger from their catalogs, claiming a "lack of market interest and sales" (never mind they didn't actually put it into production). 3 months after that, 5,000 will be produced by HK GmbH due to some obscure contract with a large US law enforcement agency, but where no one can justify the purchase of the new trigger groups or even point to what weapons they actually went into. Magically, 400 will show up with open market vendors where people pay upwards of $500 for the trigger kits, finally getting them delivered 6 months after the fact. Unfortunately, 1 year later the BATFE will confiscate all 400 purchased match trigger groups because of legal technicalities, in that they actually belonged to the US Gov contract.

I'll believe it when they're actually delivered to joe schmoe. I wouldn't count on anything until then. HK is the master of vaporware, and the leader in the arena of where common sense is an uncommon virtue.
    Last edited by TGS; 03-26-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    DA/SA P2000. Because HK doesn't hate me, and I don't suck.

HK P2000 9mm v3: GrayGuns RRDP, Meprolight Tru-Dot night sights, HK45c mag release
    Usually residing inside a CCC Shaggy AIWB holster.....

Dream gun: Mauser M03 Stutzen

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Talking

TGS, you just wrote the screenplay for "HK the Movie"

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Even if it happens, they'll argue whether to produce it at HK GmbH or HK USA. By the time they decide to produce it at HK USA, they'll also have decided to drop their contract with Wilcox in order to open an actual HK factory in the US...yet still introduce a prototype at SHOT Show and list it on their website, ending in incessant vaporware questions on HKPRO.com while HK USA gets their own production facility up and running. They'll break ground a year later, but not build the factory until 5 years after that. By then, HK will decide to drop the P-Series match trigger from their catalogs, claiming a "lack of market interest and sales" (never mind they didn't actually put it into production). 3 months after that, 5,000 will be produced by HK GmbH due to some obscure contract with a large US law enforcement agency, but where no one can justify the purchase of the new trigger groups or even point to what weapons they actually went into. Magically, 400 will show up with open market vendors where people pay upwards of $500 for the trigger kits, finally getting them delivered 6 months after the fact. Unfortunately, 1 year later the BATFE will confiscate all 400 purchased match trigger groups because of legal technicalities, in that they actually belonged to the US Gov contract.
    It's funny/depressing because it's true.

HKPRO Professional

I would believe Half of what you hear and less of what you read on M4C. A lot of people pretend to be "in the know."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I would believe Half of what you hear and less of what you read on M4C. A lot of people pretend to be "in the know."
    Well said.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

I would not be shocked to see it happen.
    Everyone knows you should never go full retail !

Very Senior Member

Wow, is this what happened to the P30L threaded barrel I have been waiting for?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Don't get too excited.

I'll believe it when they're actually delivered to joe schmoe. I wouldn't count on anything until then. HK is the master of vaporware, and the leader in the arena of where common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Such a party pooper...

TGS
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by fatmat27 View Post
    TGS, you just wrote the screenplay for "HK the Movie"
    Quote Originally Posted by SoSleepy View Post
    It's funny/depressing because it's true.
    It's definitely funny because when they do produce something, they get it oh-so-right. There really is a disconnect between the quality of HK's engineers and the quality of the policy makers. It's like, "Hey, let's get the BEST engineers we can get, and give them unlimited amounts of money for design time, testing and QC...but for our policy makers, I think we should just go with American politicians from the last couple years. It's not like they have a history of running good things into the ground...I'm sure we'll be fine."

Quote Originally Posted by HKHardtime View Post
    Such a party pooper...
    Don't worry, there's therapy available. It's called the bar. People meet there everyday at 4-5pm.
    Last edited by TGS; 03-27-2012 at 12:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links