+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: trigger return spring install guide?

  1. #1
    Very Senior Member

    Join Date : Aug 2011
    Posts : 224

    Default trigger return spring install guide?

    Anyone remember the guide someone posted for installing a trigger return spring in 60 seconds? I tried looking for it using the search as well as a google search. I couldn't find it. Asking for a friend of mine.
    Last edited by harkamus; 03-27-2012 at 12:51 AM. Reason: typo

  2. #2
    Very Senior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2010
    Location : East TN
    Posts : 253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harkamus View Post
    Anyone remember the guide someone posted for installing a trigger return spring in 60 seconds? I tried looking for it using the search as well as a good search. I couldn't find it. Asking for a friend of mine.
    I have never seen a TRS guide. I just made sure the one leg went behind the trigger and pushed straight down with my needle nose pliers. I was just able to get one coil on my allen wrench (used it instead of a punch, could not find a 1/16 punch anywhere), so I then pushed the rest down with a screwdriver and slid the allen wrench the rest of the way over. Then pushed out the allen wrench from the other side with the trigger pin.

    I would say about 60 seconds is all it took once I got the right pliers.

  3. #3
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Brownie's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2010
    Location : N. Illinois
    Posts : 1,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twpayne75 View Post
    I have never seen a TRS guide. I just made sure the one leg went behind the trigger and pushed straight down with my needle nose pliers. I was just able to get one coil on my allen wrench (used it instead of a punch, could not find a 1/16 punch anywhere), so I then pushed the rest down with a screwdriver and slid the allen wrench the rest of the way over. Then pushed out the allen wrench from the other side with the trigger pin.

    I would say about 60 seconds is all it took once I got the right pliers.
    That's the way I do it. Sears sells 1/16th Craftsman punches or you can order them from Mcmaster-Carr.
    "The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly."
    -Theodore Roosevelt

  4. #4
    Very Senior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2010
    Location : East TN
    Posts : 253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    That's the way I do it. Sears sells 1/16th Craftsman punches or you can order them from Mcmaster-Carr.
    My local Sears didn't have one in stock. Didn't want to drive 40 miles to the next closest one that was in stock. Sure didn't want to wait two days for it to come in if I ordered one.

    Patients is NOT one of my virtues. :)

  5. #5
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    AviatorDave's Avatar
    Join Date : Nov 2006
    Location : Dallas
    Age : 46
    Posts : 9,958

    Default

    The first one I did was a few weeks ago. It helped to tape the trigger in the forward position. It took 10-15 minutes, including trying several different tools. I finally got it into place once I figured out how to hold it with my thick needlenose pliers.

    The second one I did was last week. It took about 30 seconds, and I didn't use tape. I think using the long skinny type needlenose pliers would be very helpful, it would be a first try installation using them.


    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  6. #6
    Member

    Join Date : Feb 2012
    Location : Southeast Florida
    Posts : 69

    Default

    A pic and some "instructions" here in the first post: LEM installation instructions

    Pete

  7. #7
    Very Senior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2010
    Location : East TN
    Posts : 253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorDave View Post
    I think using the long skinny type needlenose pliers would be very helpful, it would be a first try installation using them.
    I found the perfect set at Advance Auto. Hopefully this link works:
    Buy Autocraft MINI PLIERS SET AC854 at Advance Auto Parts

    There is a very long nosed, really thin set in this kit. They work great.

+ Reply to Thread

Links

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

hk trigger return spring
,

hk trigger return spring install

,
hk trigger spring
,
hk trigger spring tool
,
how to install hk trigger return spring
,
install hk trigger return spring
,
install spring in hk 40
,
installing trigger return spring
,
trigger return
,
trigger return spring
,
trigger return spring installation
,
trigger spring
Click on a term to search for related topics.