+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HK Lube Requirements

Unrepentant HKHolic

I don't clean and lubricate my HK's any different then my Glocks.

One drop of lube per frame rail, one drop between the barrel locking lugs and one drop on top of the barrel spread around with a finger. For the Glock, I grease the connector when I detail strip the frame (once in a great while) so I don't even lubricate the connector. In my experience, none of the hammer/fire control components in an HK pistol require specific lubrication. The Dow-Corning anti-corrosion process that is applied to the internal components maintains a naturally high lubricity all on it's own.

I've always run both brands of magazines completely dry. Never a problem there either.
    Owns HK and Glock Pistols.
    NRA/CCDL/GSSF Member- Glock Certified Armorer

Improve Your Handgun Shooting Skills- Handgun Drills PDF

Recommendations on lube to be used on HKs?

I wonder what is the best, high quality lube to be used on HKs. Gun oil, cream type lube? Any recommendations? Thanks.

I just purchased a new P30 and the directions are clear. I also own a Glock34 and it has similar lube locations. I have always lubed anywhere moving parts are on any weapon I have owned. If you clean the gun after every outing what does it matter how much lube you put on it ? It still only takes 10 minutes to clean and re-lube the P30 properly. Love the gun, Love the gun.

I use tw25b

Lube locations are practically the same on Glocks, HKs. Striker pistols alittle different in the frame locations. But trick is not to over lube.
    I actually use Mobil One as my preferred oil. Man, I know I will get some bashing for this admission. But for 20 years now, no problems, no issues.
    Even had a gunsmith or 2 convert over to it. Plus, every 5-7 thousand miles I get enought left over to top off my oil bottles. Inexpensive.
    It's not the question that's important, it's the answer to that question that is important!

H&K USP Tactical .45, H&K USP Tactical .40 ,H&K USP .40, H&K P30 9mm,
    H&K P2Ksk .40, H&K USC .45, H&K 94, H&K USPc .45,

Last edited by Ninegunner; 09-26-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mobil 1 synthetic is ALL I put in my car, my engine is worth 7 grand so its safe to say I trust that oil. Although not made for firearms I see no reason why it wouldnt protect everything. If it protects my piston rings @ 8,000rpm, and hell my camshafts @ even faster, id trust it on my hk.

Although I use slip ewl exclusively on all my firearms, and a lil gun grease here and there

I CLP the entire polymer frame and slide (not barrel) and use an air compressor to blow off all the excess. I also use Mobile 1 as oil for the locking block, rails, etc. Has worked great for a few years on my Glocks, Sigs, and HKs.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by bf109 View Post
    Recommendations on lube to be used on HKs?

I wonder what is the best, high quality lube to be used on HKs. Gun oil, cream type lube? Any recommendations? Thanks.
    The short answer is it doesn't matter. Choose something, apply it accordingly and it will more then likely do the job. HK pistols do not require heavy lubrication to function properly. I do prefer oil type lubricants over grease for polymer pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by cobrap View Post
    Lube locations are practically the same on Glocks, HKs. Striker pistols alittle different in the frame locations. But trick is not to over lube.
    I actually use Mobil One as my preferred oil. Man, I know I will get some bashing for this admission. But for 20 years now, no problems, no issues.
    Even had a gunsmith or 2 convert over to it. Plus, every 5-7 thousand miles I get enought left over to top off my oil bottles. Inexpensive.
    No bashing here. Mobil one will work fine, I just find it to be a little messy.

Quote Originally Posted by jmvdigital View Post
    I CLP the entire polymer frame and slide (not barrel) and use an air compressor to blow off all the excess. I also use Mobile 1 as oil for the locking block, rails, etc. Has worked great for a few years on my Glocks, Sigs, and HKs.
    For SIG pistols, I really prefer to use grease on the frame rails. This is due to the fact that the SIG slide is made out of steel and the frame is aluminum alloy, I find the grease seems to aid in reducing wearing of the frame much better.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Quote Originally Posted by Vdub5818 View Post
    if you wanna get down to brass tacks, you could run the damn thing basically dry. but it WILL wear parts faster and your locking block will look like a$$. i run more lube than probably is advised but by no means is it seeping out. i like her silky smooth. slip ewl and dont look back
    The gunsmiths at work always carry their pistols dry. Keeps down on the dirt of every day carry in the gun. BUT, when they go to the range, they really lube them up. Most don't use oil but grease where they can. Just telling all what professional gunsmiths do with their personal weapons. By the way, we also like the Slp, EWL the best.
    NRA Life Member

NRA Certified Instructor

From the Great Free State of Arizona

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links