+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: MK 23 not Mark 23

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

That was me. I came across one for sale in Germany, but when I called, I was told that they had sold it the week before. I downloaded the photos from their site (they are no longer on the site) and posted them on the forum, but the serial number was not real clear. I have since found another one and hope to have more information to share here in a few weeks.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Ok fellows I jumped the gun on this(no pun intended). I went and saw it today. He admitted he had not had it out of the safe for years and said he would have sworn it said MK. Anyway, it is marked Mark but does have Property of U.S. Gov on it. He showed me his paperwork from the High Ups that states he has legal possession of it. It was in a Black hard case like the European version and had a decal on the front stating the contents. It original came with I believe a KAC supp serial number matching the gun, and a Surefire Light with integrated attachment. I have never seen a Surefire light for aMark, has anyone?
    It is legit, but the thing that perplexes me is it has a barrel that sticks out 3/4" past the slide and is marked HK and a flush barrel also marked HK. He said the powers that be took the original barrel. Why, IDK? I had a hearing today and was rushed. I will get some pics and post. As soon as I can. I am hoping he will sell!

Default Re: MK 23 not Mark 23

SureFire didn't make the light. InSight did.

Very Senior Member

...waiting to see pics..this is a good find!!!

Very Senior Member

Default MK 23 not Mark 23

Is this including suppressor?? With no serial number on suppressor I would think that is not something I would want to have in my safe......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just called him to clarify. It IS a Surefire and the light is integrated. The light and housing are one and was specifically made for the Mark 23. He said it was classified as a "AMDEF Caged Item". He mentioned something being from Aberdeen. I can't recall what that is/meant. The extended length barrel is a Jardin and the standard flush barrel is factory HK. He said that an HK rep came and swapped the barrels after his commanding officer signed off on the gun. The Hk rep took the barrel and the suppressor but he was allowed to keep everything else FREE! Yes he said FREE.

Quote Originally Posted by osageid View Post
    Is this including suppressor?? With no serial number on suppressor I would think that is not something I would want to have in my safe......

He was not allowed to keep the suppressor but he said that the frame, barrel and suppressor had the same serial. He described the suppressor and from his description and my limited knowledge I believe it was a Knights. He said it was only marked with serial and had dimples and could be disassembled. It had separate baffles and wasn't a mono core. He said that he didn't remember a blast baffle upon disassembly.

Very Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by HKMAN3344 View Post
    He was not allowed to keep the suppressor but he said that the frame, barrel and suppressor had the same serial. He described the suppressor and from his description and my limited knowledge I believe it was a Knights. He said it was only marked with serial and had dimples and could be disassembled. It had separate baffles and wasn't a mono core. He said that he didn't remember a blast baffle upon disassembly.
    If you get a mark 23 and get a suppressor it is like silk! Meant to run this way!

Quote Originally Posted by osageid View Post
    If you get a mark 23 and get a suppressor it is like silk! Meant to run this way!

I have 3 and run with the Osprey and soon will have the Tirant. Wet it is close to movie quiet!

Very Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by HKMAN3344 View Post
    I have 3 and run with the Osprey and soon will have the Tirant. Wet it is close to movie quiet!
    I have the osprey as well :) yes very quiet!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Links