+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MK 23 not Mark 23

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Default MK 23 not Mark 23

I "may" have a chance to purchase a Mk 23 SOCOM not the Mark 23, what should I offer as a "fair" price. I don't want to offend but I don't want to pay more than I should. This is the real deal. Any help appreciated.

Very Senior Member

What does it come with and condition of the pistol?
    Making It A Great Day!

HKPRO Professional

What makes you think it is a "SOCOM"?
    - Hk Mark23
    - Hk USP 9SD
    - Hk USP Stainless
    - Hk M1S90
    - Sig 516 Patrol

I though all mk23's were goverment property and were not sold to civilians which means if you actually buy one, your committing a felony!
    posting that online would make you a moron!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Quote Originally Posted by silverfd View Post
    I though all mk23's were goverment property and were not sold to civilians which means if you actually buy one, your committing a felony!
    Nice choice of words. Silver

Anyway, from my "moron" understanding the guy(a personal friend) tested weapons for special forces in the military. I apologize that I don't know his specific job title. He stated companies would send products to them to be tested and after testing they could keep items sent to them. He said that it is marked MK 23 SOCOM but the only flaw is it doesn't have a threaded barrel? It was originally sent with a threaded barrel but was removed. He also stated it was sent with a suppressor that was not marked? I questioned him on the appearance and he described the Knights. Why, I don't know. He said he actually has 2 barrels that came with it, 1 that fits flush with the slide the other that protrudes the same length as a threaded but lacking the threads? It did not come in a tactical case. That is all the information I have from our conversation last night. I will be talking to him in the near future and will supply more info as I receive it.

What sparked the conversation was I let him shoot my Mark 23 with the Osprey he then inquired as to where he could get a threaded barrel for his.
    Last edited by HKMAN3344; 11-14-2012 at 01:05 PM.

AGG
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Too many unknowns, and lack of original parts really diminishes the value!!!
    If you can PM me the SN, I can check it with the information that I have.
    Pics of the sidearm in question would help tremendously.

Tony

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by silverfd View Post
    Oh yea, I'm sure the FEDs troll these sites looking for posts like this and then arrest people.... This isn't communist China.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by skullbox View Post
    Oh yea, I'm sure the FEDs troll these sites looking for posts like this and then arrest people.... This isn't communist China.
    See all those blue names at the bottom on the current members list? Those are mil/leo guys.... Not saying they are here to track what we post although I would be willing to be that if someone stated something that was obviously illegal IE I just bought a FA MP5 from a street corner for 400 bucks I am sure they would report it to the powers that be.

Also if it says MK I would find an X-ray machine and make sure it is not a MARK that has been filled and lettered again.
    Last edited by PSG1 Nut; 11-14-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    Ineptocracy (in-ep-tocí-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least
    capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded
    with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

HK...The most addictive drug known to man.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

It shouldn't be marked "MK 23 SOCOM". It should be marked "HK MK23 USSOCOM Cal. .45". And as Tony said, send him the serial number.

Very Senior Member

Default Re: MK 23 not Mark 23

I remember reading a thread sometime earlier this year that a VERY small number of "Socom" marked pistols were circulating and were legitimate. Whether that is true or not is another story, but I think it was a member from Europe who posted it and had pics.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links