HKPRO Forums banner

Tactical-Life Magazine: HK45CT: U.S. NAVY SEAL

19K views 37 replies 28 participants last post by  iLift45s 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
I just now saw that. Lol. They just need a sawed off shotgun. Sounds like they can't hit anything.

#6 ·
The whole article. The gun is one of my twins.....Donder and Blitzen. Early HK45C with a threaded barrel, Ambi controls, and it was photo'd with a short GEMTECH Blackside. The Navy is using the AAC short TiRant. The can pictured along with a KAC were all submitted for testing from what I have been told.

#10 ·
I actually love the terminology on the NSW gun. I have a circle of "gun buddies" that is unlike most. I am the only HK guy. I busted a lot of balls over their "tractor supply store" M&P's and Glocks because I carry a "Combat Assault Pistol" instead of a "regular pistol". I am glad HK didn't slap that all over the gun.

I have a very big article on the HK 45 series guns coming out in a future Surefire Combat Tactics. If nothing else, I use the best photographers in the world.

#13 ·
Great article nyeti!

#14 ·
Awesome article. Love hearing about the successes of the fireamrs we use. I have an hk45. But i hear a HK45c calling to me, and its because of articles like this.

Excellent Job.

#15 ·
nyeti is the man! I found and read this article while researching the HK45c, little did I know I would end up purchasing one of his babys. I found the article very informative and entertaining. You keep writing and I'll keep reading, BTW when is your next article hitting the pages? Hopefully we will be able to read it online. Keep up the great work!

CF

#21 ·
So does the military version have "HK MK24" on the slide or "HK 45C"

#27 ·
Keep in mind guys, when they say mk24 mod 0 they are talking about a weapons system not just the firearm. AFAIK the mk24 mod 0 includes a tirant-s

#32 · (Edited)
Pretty good article, considering the source :)

However, the USP45 CT was never the MK23 MOD 1. There was no MK23 MOD 1.

The MK24 did not replace the MK23. It was selected for a special purpose by one unit who did not use the MK23 anyway.

The design changes incorporated in the HK45 and HK45C had been obvious design changes folks at HK in the US had been requesting in the USP45T and USP45CT from HK GmbH for years and finally came about due to the promise of the then pending SOCOM Combat Pistol (SCP) competition. Ironically we wanted a single-stack mag frame for the HK45 for better M1911-ergonomics.

The tactical need at times for a 20-round magazine makes sense when that becomes your primary weapon because you cannot employ both hands and you are in a target rich environment.

G3Kurz

#33 ·
Being I got the MK23 Mod 1 from an outstanding source, I put it in there. Turns out I went back and reread the info I got from said outstanding source, and it looks like the MK23 Mod 1 thing was more of an idea or a internal goal idea more than a military designation.......one of those things I had to go back and re-read with a different context, and with the idea that the quotes around the term were meant to indicate more of an idea. Being I do this often when I write, I should have picked up on it. My bad, and thanks to G3K for pointing it out. I'll need to see if I put that in the Surefire article and get it corrected.

The MK 24 as a replacement for the MK 23 is more of a response to media releases. In today's internet world and with social media, the release of the MK24 MOD 0 (which many of us knew about long before the press release....which was why I was buying HK45C's very early) caused a massive shockwave. Every person with a third cousins neighbor who knew a SEAL once was outraged and all the fact checking was going nuts with the "SEAL's use the SIG P-226". Then the huge backlash of "there are no plans to replace the SIG P-226". The response was always "the HK45C is NOT a replacement for the P-226, it is a replacement for the MK23". While not a "specific" replacement for the MK23 on the same contract, the HK45CT essentially is used for the role that was normally associated with the MK23, so the "replacement" for the MK23 terminology is really one of simple convenience for the "SEAL's use SIG P226's" experts without having to have a two hour conversation on the specifics of the request from the military and HK's response to that request with the HK45CT (which was also a designation that didn't exist then).

#36 ·
FYI. Might be far more difficult this time around.
The gun buying frenzy ongoing at the moment has turned the industry, and especially the manufacturers, on their heads trying to scramble to make and deliver guns before controls kick in.
Reports from SHOT reveal that HK took orders on $50M worth of commercial firearms. A "normal" year is @ $4M-$5M. Colt wrote commercial orders for $300M! Obviously they will look to ship the largest, easiest shipments where they can and many of these orders were hopeful orders likely to be cancelled when the delivery time is 2014 and beyond.

Good luck with another group buy but it may take a long time to get them.
G3Kurz

#35 ·
Maybe this is a silly question, but I hope one of you knowledgeable dudes could answer; what holster or carry mode is used for the Mk24 and can it be holstered with the can attached?
I'm curious because I'm trying to think of a situation where you have time to draw, pull the can from pouch and screw in on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.