+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hybrid Match LEM trigger option for P2000 or HK45?

Very Senior Member

Default Hybrid Match LEM trigger option for P2000 or HK45?

A month ago I picked up a USP9 LEM with the JetFunnel installed and the parts to convert it to the Light Hybrid/Match LEM trigger. This is now BY FAR my favorite trigger to shoot. You still have the long take-up (which I like) but the pull is only around 2.5lbs and the reset is less than 1/4! The end result is the most controllable pistol I have ever shot. I emptied an 18 round clip into a 4" circle at 7 yards doing double taps :)

The question now is, how can I get this same setup for the P2000 or Hk45C platform? My EDC is a P2000 and would love to get the trigger as sweet as this (though I would probably want it a BIT heavier for carrying).

I thought about Gray Guns or Bill Springfield but are there other options? Any help/suggestions/ideas would be appreciated.

The Match/LEM is not an option on the P2000, as there is no match kit for them, the HK45c can be done minus the stop screw on the trigger. Oh and the USP does not use a clip.

Very Senior Member

Ugh on the clip -- that is one of my pet peeves too.

Any idea what parts I need to order for the 45C?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

45c is pretty much just like the USP Match/Hybrid conversion - except:
    45c already has the match flat spring
    for the 45c, you'll need to have a standard 45c trigger drilled and tapped for the stop screw

So you'll need the standard LEM parts (hammer, cocking piece, LEM hammer return spring, LEM sear, LEM axle, hammer spring), plus the custom drilled trigger w/stop, plus whichever TRS you choose to use (match or standard or "light"). Unless you want to run the lighter matchhammer spring also.

See TooSixy's thread here:
    Match Trigger on HK45CT
    Last edited by Noncentsical; 03-22-2013 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Fixed sloppy typos
    Paul

HK45c FDE LLEM, P2000SK .40/.357 LLEM, USPc .45 SS LLEM, USP .45 SS LLEM w/TLR-4, USP SD 9 JF Hybrid
    Walther PPS 9mm OD, FN FS2000 OD, "Remelli" Versamax Tactical, M&P 15/22, Browning BL-22, RWS 34

PROFESSIONAL WEB SURFER

^^what he said, except the LEM hammer spring. You will need the Match hammer spring. I think Noncentsical meant LEM cocking piece spring when he said LEM hammer return spring. You will need to trim the Match HS to fit the HK45c. The Light TRS is what HK uses for factory Match LEM Hybrid trigger. You can use the Heavy TRS if the trigger feels sticky.
    HK: Yeah, I've got that!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Yeah - cocking piece spring.
    :-)

I've run my USP hybrid setup both ways, with the LEM hammer spring and the Match hammer spring. Both can work, gives a few more options in final trigger pull / feel and easy to compare the two.

I've also played around with all four different TRS's to find the "right" feel for each gun...

I know there's a "right" way with regards to exactly matching the Combat Competition factory config. But there are lots of "close" variants that make this setup very "tunable" which is nice IMO.

45C does not have the Match (nickel) flat spring. They come with the same flat spring as every other standard USP/P2000/P30.

PROFESSIONAL WEB SURFER

Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Harry View Post
    45C does not have the Match (nickel) flat spring. They come with the same flat spring as every other standard USP/P2000/P30.
    I would like for you to prove me wrong. Please.

Desperately Needs Treatment

If you're going to carry it you're not going to want the adjustable trigger stop on it anyways, so no worries on that part. (It can back out over time and result in stopping the trigger from being pulled far enough from going off, it's not even worth the risk on a carried piece) Also 2.5lbs is probably way too light for carry, it's generally regarded no less than 4lbs on a carry, though the light LEM is about 4.5lbs so unless the trigger return spring was the standard DA/SA one, it shouldn't have been 2.5lbs (but I'm no expert, just read what people write on it, lol). I would suggest looking into the Todd Green Special, I'm actually putting one on my USP tonight. It's about 6.1lbs from what I've read, the trick to it is the trigger return spring, it uses the heavy one and makes for a stronger reset feel.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Harry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    I would like for you to prove me wrong. Please.
    TooSixy is correct. The HK45 and HK45c both come with the same flat spring (pn#215691) according to the exploded parts diagram in the owners manual. http://www.hk-usa.com/-images/shared...RCH-2011ss.pdf
    HK 45 V7 Light LEM BC
    HK MR556 BB
    HK USPc .45 Stainless V7 Light LEM AK
    HK P2000SK V1 Light LEM AG
    HK USP 9mm V7 Match-Light LEM Hybrid BA
    HK P30 9mm V1 Light LEM BD
    PTR-91KF .308

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links