HKPRO Forums banner

Do you think my USP Expert 9mm has false reset issue?

3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Crashmc 
#1 ·
Please turn up the speaker volume of your PC.

1. Do you think my USP Expert 9mm has false reset issue? USP Expert 9mm, BC date code, NIB

2. 45C FDE, NIB.

#3 · (Edited)
Yes.

It's amazing to me that H&K is still letting these slip out like this. Between this and the fact that my Expert 9mm came with a pretty bad manufacturing defect (not to mention their recent statements of financial strain), I can't help but wonder if H&K is going the way of Glock and Sig Sauer. Okay, maybe it's not THAT bad, but what the heck H&K? Quit outsourcing your trigger bars and try actually inspecting and test firing your weapons before shipping them to customers!

#7 ·
Note to self--- purchase 2013+!!! :biggrin:
I dunno Tony, my good OLD P7M8 seems to work fine... :wink:

#8 ·
I just picked mine up last week and noticed the same thing. It certainly isn't as pronounced as the false reset on my HK45 was, so my initial thought was maybe the trigger just needs to be broken in. Remember, these have a much lighter TRS than the HK45 guns do, so i'm hoping the contact surfaces will wear into one another and this alleged false reset will go away on its own. If not, back to HK it will go.

It is somewhat disconcerting to me that these guns are slipping through like this. Hope HK does something about it ASAP.............

#9 ·
Woah, that's not right. It's definitely not a true false reset like the HK45c, as the second time it fires, unlike the HK45c which seems to just keep on going and going with the first false reset. But it's not normal. My BD coded USP 45 never does that, but it's not a match trigger. Maybe something is off there?

#11 ·
Funny, my new Glock 26 and 19 Gen3 did this also, but only on the first reset. My new SIG Pro 9mm had a really bad reset that would not reset at all that required a trip back to SIG to fix. The Glocks worked themselves out though. My HK USPs are older models than never had these issues. Seems the newer models have issues I see.

#12 ·
Sorry for the necropost, but ...

Just got my USP Expert 9mm and there is a very tactile and audible "double click" when the trigger resets, when I slowly release the trigger I feel it "click" and hear it "click" but it is not reset, then a bit more and again, feel it, hear it and it is reset.

(1) This is not supposed to happen.
(2) HK will fix this, pay for shipping there and back again? How long a turn around?

Any updates on this issue? Any comments on this?

Thanks.

#16 ·
The false reset happens regardless of whether it has been fired or not. That makes no difference.

I'm just checking into to see if others are still experiencing this with new HK USP Experts, as I have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.