+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HK45T or HK45CT

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

I have the HK45 and the HK45c. No tactical here. For CCW...for me?...Hk45c all the way. I cannot CCW the full sized 45 year round with confidence. I have CCW'd the compact a bit. Even more so since I have added a later of hockey tape for a more secure grip. I find that the 45c has a tad too slick of a grip for a compact .45. It's a little bit larger P2K grip, if you ask me.

Hockey tape grip on a HK45c.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Having 2 HK45's and 3 HK45c's I can tell you that I like the HK45 more than the HK45c. Despite the number of guns I own, I plan on more HK45's, and no more than 1 more HK45CT. The grip texture on the HK45c is too smooth for me. The HK45 is perfect. I would also go with the HK45 for these reasons as I am also in LE.

1. You want a very solid grip on your pistol. The texture on the grip of the HK45 is perfect for all conditions. Wet, dry, hot, cold, and bloody. Something you have to seriously consider as a member of Law Enforcement. You may get into a gun fight(You may have already been in a few).
    2. Full size guns are better for accuracy and speed. If you have to engage quickly, or make a clean shot, you will want that 6.61 sight radius. Also, with the tactical, you get the meprolight night sights with the ledge for 1 handed manipulation. (Also on the HK45CT.)
    3. The magazine release deck is larger on the HK45 vs the HK45c. It may not be much, but it will count if you are losing your fine motor function because of cold, or stress.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trying to catch up to TooSixy.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    Having 2 HK45's and 3 HK45c's I can tell you that I like the HK45 more than the HK45c. Despite the number of guns I own, I plan on more HK45's, and no more than 1 more HK45CT. The grip texture on the HK45c is too smooth for me. The HK45 is perfect. I would also go with the HK45 for these reasons as I am also in LE.

1. You want a very solid grip on your pistol. The texture on the grip of the HK45 is perfect for all conditions. Wet, dry, hot, cold, and bloody. Something you have to seriously consider as a member of Law Enforcement. You may get into a gun fight(You may have already been in a few).
    2. Full size guns are better for accuracy and speed. If you have to engage quickly, or make a clean shot, you will want that 6.61 sight radius. Also, with the tactical, you get the meprolight night sights with the ledge for 1 handed manipulation. (Also on the HK45CT.)
    3. The magazine release deck is larger on the HK45 vs the HK45c. It may not be much, but it will count if you are losing your fine motor function because of cold, or stress.
    ^All of this

Fullsize all day long

Unless your state had a printing law. Who cares if it absolutely hides. People are so caught up in other crap and are oblivious anyways. I carry a USP45 fullsize year round no problems

HKPRO Professional

thank you everybody for all the solid info. this is what i was looking for and the only place i knew where i would be able to get it

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by MassBan View Post
    thank you everybody for all the solid info. this is what i was looking for and the only place i knew where i would be able to get it
    No problem, let us know how it turns out, and what you end up with.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Perhaps you could meld the two - I agree with everything stated here.....

But how about a Full Size HK 45 T.... Now that they are avail, and roughly the same price....

If your looking to add a Suppressor down the road - you'd be all set....

Carring concealed with a full size is kinda rough... Not as easy or nice as the 45CT IMO

It sounds like OP is going to own both eventually based on his statements alone- that's not even considering HK sickness that makes you want to own every HK! What about getting the HK45C/CT first? At least you will know you can conceal it.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    It sounds like OP is going to own both eventually based on his statements alone- that's not even considering HK sickness that makes you want to own every HK! What about getting the HK45C/CT first? At least you will know you can conceal it.
    Yeah, but for duty carry, you will want something with the best grip texture possible. For those "OH Sh*T!!!!!" draws at close range.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links