HKPRO Forums banner

Another HK hammer follow problem.

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  navyman8903 
#1 ·
After doing some research and using the search button. I have had my HK45c come up with the notorious hammer follow. Background on the gun, it is an AI date code, I have approximately just 10k rounds through it. The gun has had some trigger work done by Bill Springfield, I had it fixed by Bill a few years ago, but problem is back again. After reading some posts about his work with cutting springs and messing around with the sear springs. Is there a comprehensive list to find out what parts need replaced or restored? I understand I would be paying HK to replace all the guts that have been modified since it has been worked on if I send it in to them. I haven't seen any posts mentioning how much HK would require to get the pistol back in reliable condition.

#5 ·
Yes I did, after reading posts on some Bill Springfield issues, I figure I would ask what parts are needed to get it back to original configuration. It's been my primary EDC for the past 6-7 years. I just want to get it back with solid reliability. With 10k rounds through it I just don't know how lon any modifications will last.

#6 ·
Replace whatever is broken . He doesn't touch your sear spring and the only spring he used to clip were hammer springs , before they were readily available on the aftermarket . If you have a problem with Bill call him , you don't need to come on here making bullsh!t allegations towards him or any other folks that do work around here .

#8 ·
I'm not making any allegations against him, I've had great service with him and he's been very responsive. He's willing to fix whatever is wrong. I had no intention in bashing, I've been trying to read up on historical issues with hammer follow. Then again I had work done in 2010ish and I understand things change. I'll be checking out the guts to see what needs replacing. I only came here to see what others had done and what the way is to go about fixing my issue.

#7 ·
Surely mr. Springfield wil stand up on his work, my 2 cents of advice would be to check if hammer or sear was stoned to improve single action, stoning hk sear or hammer would eat the superficial hardness, rounding edges, I would check that as the primary cause of hammer follow.

#10 ·
Well having trigger work done 5-6 years ago, I would say yes I don't remember what the exact work was done. What I do know is I had a problem fixed a while back and now it has returned. And I am asking for those out there who've had hammer follow issues to see what they've done to fix the issue.

#12 · (Edited)
I'd scroll down to the reference library, check out what it's gonna take to replace the parts.. Taking it apart really isn't that difficult. If you think it's more than you want to get into, Call HKUSA and send it to them.. I understand they're familiar with Mr. Springfield's work as well, they'll know what to look for....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.