HKPRO Forums banner

Laugh at the noob

4K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  imacad 
#1 ·
Ok, so I finally have my first HK in hand, the oft talked about VP9. Like a responsible owner, I brought it home and disassembled to clean all the factory grease off of it. Then comes the "fun" part: reassembly. Barrel goes in no problem, but the spring is kind of a pain. I think it's in right. Now I put the slide back on, or more accurately, try to. It comes to a hard stop about 1/4" away from being in the normal closed position. Can't move it from there. What the heck am I doing wrong?:mad:

#2 ·
The recoil spring assembly may not be properly in place or in backward. Don't force anything. It should all move smoothly.
Congrats on your VP and welcome to the site. The search feature should find some good threads on this and similar topics. There is a lot on the VP9 here.

#24 · (Edited)
I am happy you worked it out. You did good not posting that HK should have made a pistol that put itself together or something foolish like so many first-timers have posted. It's always better to ask rather than express a premature conclusion. Welcome here anytime. Many experienced people have helped me over the years and most times the problem was user error or ocd.

#28 ·
I know what you mean... I tried to break down my match pistol before taking off the weight...
I'm ... d'uh.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.