HKPRO Forums banner

HK USP 9MM Compact Question

808 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  estesmonkey 
#1 · (Edited)
Just bought a HK USP compact 9mm.V1

its dated 1999

Does anyone know of any issues that I need to know about??

(Since I am in California I have a few days before I can actually pick it up and shoot it etc)

#3 ·
Congrats and welcome to the site. You should be good depending on how much use that 9 has seen. If it is like new all should be good. If worn and well used then the mag springs and the TRS could be changed out but if it fires fine and you don't have any feed issues, you should not even need to replace them. In 2005 HK changed the style of the firing pin, firing pin block and their springs. Some wish to swap those to the current configuration. I own several pre-2005 USPs and I have never swapped out any of those parts nor have I ever had a single issue with those parts. Some say the change was made because the firing pin could break during dry fire. Use snap caps... If it were a real problem, HK would be replacing those parts but they don't, unless of course there is actual breakage. HK has told me they simply made the change for conformity reasons. Either way, it has been a non issue for me on 4 pre '05 USPs.
Clean it up, lightly oil and put a few hundred rounds down range and fall in love... and then save up for your next HK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.