HKPRO Forums banner

Man was I wrong...

7K views 42 replies 38 participants last post by  PO2Hammer 
#1 ·
Gents,

So for the longest time I had had a yearning to try an HK45c. Yesterday I was able to pick one up in a trade deal! I've had the full size before, which I really liked, but I'll tell you what....I might be one of the only people to actually NOT like the HK45c. I'm not sure what it is... It just doesnt fit right. I picked on up yesterday in a trade, and after handling it, the p30sk, vp9, and past experience with USPs....I just cant do it. The USP is really my flavor. Anyways, its a rock solid gun but I've got a jet funneled USP coming next to take it's place.

Am I nuts, or does anyone else not really care for the HK45c?? I cant place it, I really dont know what it is, but I've never had a gun where I'm just like....no, I dont like this.

TMG

#13 ·
I tried the HK45C and HK45. I ended up liking and shooting the HK45 much better and the HK45 is what I own. No desire to get an HK45C for me.

#34 ·
How about the VP70z?

#22 ·
No gun has ever fit my hand better than the HK45C. It locks into place very naturally and all the controls fall right where I want them to be. I put some self sealing silicone 'rescue tape' on the grip for a little extra grip without adding any bulk. It's been 100% reliable with factory ammo and my oddball handloads (jacketed, plated & coated SWCs) and I trust it with my life. I like being able to slip it into my waistband with the hammer down and safety on when things go bump in the night.

However it's not the best range gun. It takes more concentration to shoot tiny groups with it than other HKs I've owned and recoil is more than the HK45 or especially the USP 45.

I think I need to get a USP 45 to compliment the 45C so I can have the best of both worlds. The USP 45 is the best shooting gun I've ever owned and have always regretted trading it away.

#23 · (Edited)
Interesting Talon grip. Never tried them, I always use DecalGrip on my USP's
I agree, Fullsize USP 45 shoots as good out to 50 ft as my custom MARS Colt 1911 (You dont want to know what that cost me lol)

#29 ·
I loved my HK45CT (owned 5 or 6 of them by now) as the P2000 was my duty gun for quite some time so its an easy transition for me, but I just couldnt figure out a purpose for a 8 round capacity (10 with the big ol extended mag hanging out) 45 ACP other than its a great suppressor host for desert fun. In the end, $1200 is better spent elsewhere and I keep selling them. At least the USP was 12 rounds in a normal sized pistol so it could be justified as a carry gun (same goes for 1911s, I love them but its nothing more than a plinker for me).
Im on the VP9 band wagon now though and about to go full retard into a custom one with RMR, weight reduction and cerakote so im hoping I dont jump ship while im $1500 deep into this one. Long live the VP9, hopefully they figure out us Americans like more than 8 or 10 rounds of 45 ACP in our guns *cough FNX, Glock 21 cough*.

#31 ·
When I first pick it up it feels great... for a smaller hand. It acquisitions immediately and it is just right... but for the smaller hand. My XXL pays want the USP in them. The HK45c does not work for me, however, I have not handled one with the elephant foot mags, so with those, it might fit but would defeat concealment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.