HKPRO Forums banner

Refinish HK USP?

5K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  1911top30 
#1 ·
If I want to send my beat up, worn out USP slide in for a refinish, where would be the go-to place to get the similar nitrocarburizing finish that HK use on their guns?

#3 ·
I'd recommend a Cerakote refinish as well. The other option is to have a gunsmith sandblast and fix nicks, scratch's then send out to get Melonite processed. The latter is going to probably cost the same as buying a brand new gun. It depends on the gunsmith and how much processing he does. I've Melonited barrels, receivers, and parts but I was able to reduce the setup fee by getting friends and family members to chip in and get there stuff Melonited so it increased the batch size and reduced price.

#5 ·
Cerakote is really the best bang for your buck way to go. Plus you can pick a wide wide variety of colors.

#12 ·
I can't answer your question but I will say I love the look of a worn USP myself. But you said "beat up" so that might be a different story.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.