HKPRO Forums banner

a question about a good price for a p7m8

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  adlerburg 
#1 ·
I have an opportunity to purchase a p7m8 from a local gunshop. At first he wanted 2100 for the pistol, but has reduced the price to 1950. The gun does not have a box, extra magazine, nor scrapper or brush. I have dealt with this shop many times and I was permitted to field strip the weapon. The gun was made in 2002, has a slight plumb colored slide (more so than my m13), is Sterling, VA import with the Warning engraved on the slide. I removed the firing pin assembly and it was clean, in addition to the grips. Inside this area was very clean. The piston was clean as was the bore, with no pitting. The gun has no wear except on the edges of the slide, where you usually find wear. It is slight, as it appears it was just holstered but not shot much. Also, the squeeze mechanism has no marks on it from being fired. I have seen some that have a lot of marks or abrasion. I was wondering, without the extra magazine and box, is this a fair price providing that it has no wear and is very clean? The plumb color on the slide bothers me, but I have seen m8 with this on the slide in the past. Any comments would be appreciated. I did offer 1800, but he will only go down to 1950, then tax on top of this.

#3 ·
I'm not a fan of the Sterling P7M8s with the warning engraved in the slide. I think the warning detracts from the P7's aesthetics. If one were offered at a good price, I could live with the warning. However there are plenty of P7M8s to be had in that price range that don't have the warning.

If the pistol was a Chantilly or non-warning Sterling, I think $1950 is still a touch over-priced for one magazine and no box or literature. I think your offer of $1800 was fair.

#6 ·
wow, I find it very interesting that just the smallest thing can reflect such a large price difference. Difference between 99% and 97% can drop the price by hundreds. Also, I've seen the differences in actual boxes... small P7 box vs larger box, regardless if the condition is exactly the same, can reflect a substantial difference in value. Is that due to the scarcity of one vs the other?
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.