Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: H&K prices New and Used

Default H&K prices New and Used

I realize that some guns hold their value extremly well, especially H&K's. BUT... I am in the market for a used one, but most people seem to price their used ones for what I can get a new one for. Is it me or is there that much of a price difference throughout the U.S.?

Best new prices I have been able to find online ar at Firing Line Inc. http://www.firinglineinc.com/

I have yet to find anyone that comes close to them. The only thing Cals Sporting Armory has going for them is the LEM. Alot of people say D&R sports but their a bit high too.

Anyone Know of better prices than Firing line?

Default Re: H&K prices New and Used

I have been shopping for my first (probably only)handgun for about two months. After much research, I finally settled on a full-size USP 45 with the stainless steel slide. I called Firing Line Inc. because, as you noted, they have the best prices. However, they don't have the guns! The guy was nice and everything, and I'm not trashing the company, but right now they don't have ANY USP's in stock (said something about "getting an order in soon"-- I didn't bother to mention to the guy that I doubt he'll be getting in any full-size SS's), and told me "you know the prices are actually about $25 higher than listed on the site". So that would put the model I wanted at $700 (at least), provided he could even get one (doubt it). Luckily, I found my gun on GunsAmerica.com at a place called McElhiney's in MA. The owner told me he has to get rid of "these" because they're "illegal" in MA now !?! I assume he's referring to the SS finish-- MA must have passed some ridiculous law similar to CA. Price for the USP 45f SS NIB was $727. After shipping, credit card, and FFL transfer fees, it's going to come in at just over $800. A bit steep, I know, but that's the gun I wanted and I don't think I'll do any better any time soon.

Good luck,
    JW

Very Senior Member

Those prices are competitive, though you may be able to do a little better ($25 to $50). Try Bachman's or McDonald Tactical.

try this site; lots of new and used both.

on the net probably no better selection.

www.gunsamerica.com

hope that helps

Be glad you're not from mass, unfortunately I am. The only legal handguns available for sale in MA must be Pre 10/21/98 or pass a set of requirements set by the Mass A.G. (2nd hidden serial #, able to shoot certain grouping, 10lb trigger, drop tests, etc.)

Essentially what this means is that to make a gun Mass legal, the gunmakers must develop a model specifically for the Mass Market. Right now the only new handguns I can buy are Most S&W, Most SIGs, and Walther P99's.

Try this site from a pretty good Mass Dealer If you're curious.

http://www.fsguns.com

-Brendan

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HeyJoe:
    Luckily, I found my gun on GunsAmerica.com at a place called McElhiney's in MA. The owner told me he has to get rid of "these" because they're "illegal" in MA now !
    [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

PMD
    Very Senior Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brendan:
    [QB] The only legal handguns available for sale in MA must be Pre 10/21/98 or pass a set of requirements set by the Mass A.G.
    -Brendan

Hi Brendan,
    Actually you are correct that you cannot purchase a gun that was manufactured after the 10/21/98 date from an "FFL". However, my understanding is that the law does allow individuals to transfer between individuals.

Take Care.
    PMD

PMB,
    You're right that as it stands now, the the expected roster of "approved" handguns, will not prevent private transfers of USP. But in keeping with this thread, you can expect that in Massachusetts the USP will become an increasingly "endangered species." Price tags on USPs in Mass will reflect the supply and demand, and anyone willing to part with their USP in Mass has to know that they may have a hell of a time replacing it down the road. I'm picking up my third (.45f ss) in two months tomorrow from Four Seasons, since there may only be 17 more USP shopping days (or less) in Massachusetts! A year from now $795 will sound like a bargain!

Otisz

Back to the initial question, the prices on these used gus are HIGH! I can get a new one here in Oregon for $660. All the used ones I've seen on the boards or in these links are all above $650 . That is BS. You should be able to get a good used one for $500. Just my $.02 from the Great Pacific Northwest. I'm in the market for a .45F also and will probably buy it after the 1st of the yr., so I am following this pretty close. Good luck. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I have a LNIB H&K USP f in stainless with 3 factory mags, box and papers including warranty card. The gun has adj. meprolight night sights on it. I am asking 700.00 plus shipping to your ffl. I didnt get any responses from memebers on this site or others.

check gunbroker.com some times there is a deal or two

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links