HKPRO Forums banner

German-made HK 45C - nice improvement

17K views 50 replies 30 participants last post by  KentuckyWindage 
#1 ·
Just wanted to share a photo of the updated front and back strap stippling on the new German-made HK 45C's.

I bought it this morning and couldn't be happier with the improvement. As a side note, I've been carrying a US-made HK45C for about 2 years, and love the gun... with a small grunt always being the lack of aggressive texturing on the grip.

Well, this gun solves the issue and feels fantastic in the hand.

The texture pattern is very similar to that of my grey VP9.

Lighting Brown Sconce Cylinder Light fixture

See less See more
#6 ·
i don't see any reason why not - it will fit right in.

however, in my experience, the bigger value is in the front strap.

overall, while otherwise the guns are identical, the german-made gun seems to be of higher manufacturing quality. for instance, the metal slide rails have absolutely no over molding, while my US-made guns have extra plastic on all 4 rails.

i couldn't be happier overall.

#10 ·
WANT. Thanks...

#16 ·
So here is the thing.

I could understand and even expect a gun design of prior to 1990's having issues with "quality of manufacture". But on "modern designs" like the HK45 I do not think this is true for production lines. Or are we otherwise saying that somehow the machines in Germany are making guns to a different spec then the US ones?

#19 ·
I love the 45C smooth sides for CC but was never happy with the lack of more aggressive stippling on the front. Have used the bicycle intertube fix spoken about on forum with success. I don't understand the difference in manufacturing spec, but won't complain. I want both a German 45c and 45ct assuming there is no other difference in spec (as in barrel quality, etc.) I will be calling US distributors tomorrow. Spoke with the good folks at HKUSA and they confirmed that all are being presently made in Germany.

#25 ·
For those of you who have a 45c how does it compare shooting wise to the usp45 compact? Local dealer has a 45c that im very tempted to pick up.
Both the 45C and USPC45 are awesome and work in almost the same way, but it's up to you if you want the more modern design (45C) or the Classic (USPC45). That is the easy way.

Of course, the more "exciting" solution is one that we all know very well, and that is to get both.

Then there might come a day when you have to let go of one of them in favor of other interests, and then you will suffer the same excruciating decision, except the other way around (sorry to ruin the surprise) :D

#28 ·
Bumping this thread - can anyone confirm the Full size recently German made HK45's have the same VP9/P30SK texturing on the backstrap as well? I have found a few from some vendors and waiting to hear back, but it looks like the backstraps on the full size may be the older texture? Would drive my OCD nuts but wanted to know if anyone can check their German, BG or BH date code HK45 - pic enclosed is the closest I can get from one of the vendors, it might just be that the camera is focused on the frame texturing -

#40 ·
Bumping this thread - can anyone confirm the Full size recently German made HK45's have the same VP9/P30SK texturing on the backstrap as well? I have found a few from some vendors and waiting to hear back, but it looks like the backstraps on the full size may be the older texture? Would drive my OCD nuts but wanted to know if anyone can check their German, BG or BH date code HK45 - pic enclosed is the closest I can get from one of the vendors, it might just be that the camera is focused on the frame texturing -

View attachment 160770
Saw a new current year Made in Germany HK45 just last week at the LGS, it has the new stippling as in your photo, it's gorgeous! =)

#32 · (Edited)
I got email back from the vendor - the Medium backstrap has the same VP9/P30 texture (he showed me a picture), the one on the pistol (I assume the Small) is the rougher type (looks like my picture above that I posted)

I am having him check his 45 Compact's now (he has 2 BH ones) to see if they are the same - this has been kind of interesting to say the least - It looks like the most recent German made HK45's may have kept the rougher texture on the Small backstrap perhaps to help keep the hand from slipping since it is slimmer? Will update more, curious to know if there are Small backstraps for the full size available from HK which match the texture on the newer frame, maybe they were just clearing out old backstrap inventory when assembling the more recently built pistols -

EDIT:

The vendor just emailed me back again, the BH coded 45 Compacts have the same VP9/P30SK texture on both backstraps, so it seems the recent run of HK45 is the only one that is different - interesting stuff! I for one love the VP9/P30SK texture - looks like I'll have to place an order for one of these -

#41 ·
^^Thanks - I can't wait to get one! I love the VP/P30SK texturing and 100% made in Germany no complaints there, get them while you can!

I confirmed from 2 vendors the Small backstrap installed on the full size pistols is more aggressively stippled (likely to increase grip without the hump of the larger size strap) and the Medium backstrap is the same VP9 type stippling that matches the frame - the 45 Compact backstraps are both stippled the same VP9 texture as in the original post -

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.