Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Hk sP5K

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    He started it.
    Lmao!!!

This forum would not be the same without you! Good one!
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sp89 has 922r also? I didn't realize it was made that much later than the other 9x series

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    Lmao!!!

This forum would not be the same without you! Good one!
    I want to ask a basic question since your in a good mood.
    If I buy a SP5K I must mount suppressor or faux suppressor or it cannot be fired I take it. So are people just letting theses sit till they get a suppressor stamp or mount a faux suppressor right after they get the pistol so they can shoot it, because a lot of interested buyer most likely do not own a suppressor. I just ordered a Omega pistol from AF because it seemed like the SP5K was not shootable with out more work? Just trying to figure it out as I'm new to these guns. Thanks
    Evil Minds That Plot Destruction

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The SP5K is EXTREMELY usable as is. What's confusing you is that many of us want to add a shoulder stock, a vertical fore grip, paddle magazine release and maybe a 3-lug barrel, so that the resulting firearm would closer resemble the MP5K/N that it was meant to be. The original MP5K didn't have a shoulder stock, nor did it have a 3-lug barrel. It closely resembles the SP5K and is quite usable as is.

I don't have my tax stamp, yet, but I really enjoy shooting my SP5K as is.
    Last edited by WebStrands; 01-11-2017 at 04:04 PM. Reason: further clarification.
    webstrands
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Blk View Post
    I want to ask a basic question since your in a good mood.
    If I buy a SP5K I must mount suppressor or faux suppressor or it cannot be fired I take it. So are people just letting theses sit till they get a suppressor stamp or mount a faux suppressor right after they get the pistol so they can shoot it, because a lot of interested buyer most likely do not own a suppressor. I just ordered a Omega pistol from AF because it seemed like the SP5K was not shootable with out more work? Just trying to figure it out as I'm new to these guns. Thanks
    I’m always happy to help and always take the time to answer questions.

If you buy a SP5K, leave it as is and just enjoy her. I have DJ Getz K gun, which is almost the same thing as what Omega is putting currently. Because my Clone K gun has a 3 lug and threaded barrel, I shoot it suppressed and with my sear. If the mood strikes me, I shoot it suppressed and in full auto and the same time! ;-) Essentially, two different guns with different end uses.

Now at some point, I may modify my SP5K to have a paddle mag and 3 lug barrel and F/A carrier, but no really push to get this done anytime soon because my K clone fits my needs pretty well as is.In fact I would rather spend my money buying a second SP5K.

If money was a concern or I could only have one, I would go with the SP5K hands down. While HK will be importing more for 2017, I believe there is not enough demand to justify the continuation of the product line. I'm not saying it will be discounted, but I could see them manufacturing batches of new SP5K every other year. Similar to how the MK23 is made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry, I made a rookie mistake but learned plenty in those posts.
    I had my weapons mixed up. I was thinking of this Omega upper.
    Omega SD

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Blk View Post
    I'm sorry, I made a rookie mistake but learned plenty in those posts.
    I had my weapons mixed up. I was thinking of this Omega upper.
    Omega SD
    I have an SD Clone as well and just make sure you don't have the same issue as this member did with his: Omega MP5 SD + RCM can issue
    Note that if you do get the SD, you cannot fire it without a can or fake can on it. When I bought mine I waited about 6 months until my can was approved. Also, the SD can can only be used on the SD gun. It's not interchangeable with any other variant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    I have an SD Clone as well and just make sure you don't have the same issue as this member did with his: Omega MP5 SD + RCM can issue
    Note that if you do get the SD, you cannot fire it without a can or fake can on it. When I bought mine I waited about 6 months until my can was approved. Also, the SD can can only be used on the SD gun. It's not interchangeable with any other variant.
    Thanks for posting that link for me to read. That is a nice setup but sounds like a pita to get it aligned correctly since so many are sending them back for repair. I'm waiting on a full sized Omega Pistol from AF and I'm going to give it a good inspection before taking it home.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WebStrands View Post
    Maybe he should go hang out on the Mercedes Benz Owners Forum and ask if their cars are really worth it.
    I'll save him the trouble.... MB aren't worth it, but the HK SP5K is!
    SBR or Bust

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Until the SP5K came out, the SP89's that showed up on GB were over $7,000 minimum bid! You can buy 3 brand new SP5K's for that. Clones were always in demand and weren't much less expensive than you can buy a SP5K for now. I didn't have to think about this at all, it was the fastest $2,500 I've spent since I was on the original SCAR waiting list. Now that they can be had for a little over $2,000 if you shop around, it's relatively a bargain for what you are getting. If you have to try and justify it, it may not be for you. There's nothing wrong with that, I also have a Scorpion and a B&T which were less than half the price, but I love them all for what they are. There are alternatives, but if you want a 100% new roller lock legendary HK, there is no substitute.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links