P30S vs VP9 Slide Lock Issue
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: P30S vs VP9 Slide Lock Issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P30S vs VP9 Slide Lock Issue

I manage to ride the slide release on a P30S (shorter slide lever). From what I've read, this is slide lever everyone recommends to avoid issues with the slide locking back. I know it's me and not the gun, but I've never had this issue with any other handgun.
    I'm considering a switch to the VP9, but not having access to one, I'm unsure if I'd have any more luck not riding the lever versus the P30S.
    Any suggestions?
    May have to go back to my G19. Yikes!

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had the same issue on a P30L & on my VP9. I have zero issues with any USP or P2000 series.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just got rid of a Usp9c. Had the issue some, but not nearly as much. Maybe a p2000 is in my future.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It rarely happens to me but when it does it is because I am trying to go too fast and getting sloppy with my grip.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jslinger View Post
    I manage to ride the slide release on a P30S (shorter slide lever). From what I've read, this is slide lever everyone recommends to avoid issues with the slide locking back. I know it's me and not the gun, but I've never had this issue with any other handgun.
    I'm considering a switch to the VP9, but not having access to one, I'm unsure if I'd have any more luck not riding the lever versus the P30S.
    Any suggestions?
    May have to go back to my G19. Yikes!
    Only way to find out for sure is to rent a VP9 to see what happens. I have the same problem with my VP9. I have very fat thumbs and I purposefully bought my P30L with the safety to avoid the issue and that works for me as the safety keeps my thumb far enough away from the slide stop lever so that it never touches it.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

My vp9's are the only guns I do that with. I'm a lefty. But I love the vp9 so im dealing with it.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's a training issue, nothing wrong with the platform. I had issues with the Walther PPQ and H&K P30, I adjust my grip and it magically goes away.

Sent from my Nexus 5X
    Last edited by Josefius; 02-16-2017 at 03:26 AM.
    -
    "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was having trouble doing that with my P30L in the beginning. The odd time the gun seemed to malfunction and it took a good friend, who is actually a handgun instructor and champion shooter, to point it out. Since, I have never done it, as I am aware and conscious of it. I was hitting it with my left thumb as a right handed shooter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It sucks, because I love the gun otherwise. I find it uncomfortable to put my thumbs anywhere else. They just naturally want to rest right on the lever.

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Josefius View Post
    It's a training issue, nothing wrong with the platform. I had issues with the Walther PPQ and H&K P30, I adjust my grip and it magically goes away.

Sent from my Nexus 5X
    Agreed this is a training issue.. Unfortunately a lot of shooters don't get training early on. They end up with many bad habits that they are not aware of and it becomes difficult to change. I was fortunate to go into law enforcement when I was 22 years old. Weapons instructors forced all shooters to stand/grip and shoot to their training standard. I dealt with this for 20 + years until I started working the range for the next 15 years. It was preferred to have a new shooter rather than someone with experience as we had to break bad habits vs taking someone with no experience and train them from the start.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links