HKPRO Forums banner

My P7M8 date code IE has a ported slide, why?

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Clausewitz 
#1 ·
About a year ago I PPT purchased a P7M8 Nickle version date code IE that has a ported slide.
Any one know if this was a factory option or why or what purpose this porting serves?
I love the gun so much I recently purchased another very similar version with date code IF,
however this one does not have the ported slide. Which makes a better shooter?
Hardy Handshakes, Swede4

#7 ·
That is not factory. I'm not aware of HK porting slides. Maybe it was mag-na port.

I also think this gun would make the better shooter if the other gun is all original, I believe this gun was refinished as well, Factory nickels were on earlier models

#20 ·
Thanks fellas for all the comments and insights on my ported P7M8. All my guns are for shooting enjoyment and practice, so as to maintain my level of speed and proficiency. Given this; I clearly don't agree with the "insane" or "sad" comments. I'm not a collector or one who invests in guns, I shoot and enjoy each gun for what it was designed to do. Nothing sad here, I've got a very nice ported P7M8 plus another very nice standard P7M8, please don't feel sorry for me.
Hardy Handshakes, Swede4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.