HKPRO Forums banner

What does New York Compliant mean??

12K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  dmg311 
#1 ·
I am thinking about buying another gun and the gunbroker add says "New York Compliant"...what the heck does that mean to me (I dont live in NY).

#5 ·
but its a LEM....?

#3 ·
It comes with a fired case from that pistol that gets sent off to the State Police. Oh yeah and TONS of crimes have been solved because of it already. Yet another waste of our taxpayer money in this friggin state. Man I can't wait to get out of here. Beautiful state, just wish the city would break off and form their own state and leave the rest of us alone.

B

#7 ·
So then you are saying it is not the V2 LEM, it would be the heavier one??

#8 ·
I am in NY state and I am confused. The spent shell casing is only needed if you are buying a brand new pistol. The way around this is to have an out of state dealer put say that it is his personal firearm that is for sale and have it "transferred" to NY state. Many a person has purchased a pistol, never shot it, then sold it a couple of months later.

JPG

#9 · (Edited)
JPG, you are right on about the fire casing. It only applies to new pistols. NYC is restricted to 10 round magazines for pistols. I'm not entirely sure about the trigger pull. Unlike California, we're allowed to have pistols with threaded barrels, but you can't do much with it because NYC doesn't allow silencers or flash hiders. I use a barrel extension with a match weight.

NYC isn't as restricted as Mass. either as we don't have to deal with an "approved" list for pistols.

And the 'tude of the City...I'm not sure what the hell your talkin' bout... :D

#11 ·
"New York Compliant" essentially means that the weapon fires a projectile in the form of a cease-and-desist/restraining order, on sticky paper, which sticks to the assailant and should, based on Chuck Schumer's studies, immediately hault the attack. Of course, you don't want to get the Mass. version, which has a built-in waiting period (fires the projectile 10 days after you pull the trigger). The new ones are all trans-fat free, too!

#13 · (Edited)
NY compliant means you have to get a license to own airsoft pistols (true in my city). all real guns are banned (unless you can prove you are not a criminal and if you move to this state; you must have the state's permission to possess your property in your home which you owned before moving here, hmm sounds like Mother Russia, Comrade). when you mention a gun, people assume you are talking about paintballing (true story from Barnes and Noble). furthermore, all toy guns that look like real guns are banned (real law passed in Westchester Co. 2006). all toy guns must have an orange or other colored barrel and must be plugged with the same material the barrel is made of. Furthermore, if the area has its way, all finishes such as duracoat that could be used to make a real gun look like a toy may be banned, but the democrats have gotten around to finishing that yet (proposed 2006 haven't heard anything new on it)....

Seriously:
probably means it has 10rd mags and he's trying to keep it simple or doesn't understand this area, grief i don't either. i've never heard of the minimum trigger pull Scooter mentioned, but i'm not surprised if it exists.

We've got so many laws up here. We have laws to protect us from these laws but they are void where prohibited.

Rant off.

#16 ·
true, jpg. i have a ptr91 and 70 mags for it. a usc and many pistols and some other stuff. i could even get a 1919 or anything else pre-ban...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.