+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My impressions of my HK P30 with tons of pics

Default My impressions of my HK P30 with tons of pics

I had posted this elsewhere and a member there had informed me about this forum, so I thought I'd post it here as well.

I bought mine about a week or so ago.

RARELY do I enjoy a new toy as much as this. Rarely do I come across a pistol that I can say is just about perfection in every way (for me personally). I have only owned a few "perfect" guns out of the 60 or so I have owned in my life. The best were the HK P7M8, a custom built Para by Guncraft, a one-off factory Sig Sauer P220 in .38 Super and the Glock 23 that I owned for 5 years. Close to perfect have been various custom 1911's, all Glocks, and a few Browning High Powers.

I got a bug up my butt to get something different today, and braved a snowstorm to go out and get it. I had in my head a custom 1911 as my dealer carries Ed Brown and Nighthawk. In the back of my head were a two-toned Sig 228 or 229 with wood grips or maybe an HK USP40C.

After about 15 minutes of looking at everyhting I had a gorgeous Cobra Karry in my hand and still wandered over to the HK display. I didn't like the skinny grip of the USP40 Compact so sadly we put it back in the case. Then I spied a gun I was unfamiliar with... the HK P30 in 9mm. It had an aggressive look similar to the new Walthers, but looked much nicer (not knocking Walthers, I just preferred this design work).

Once I placed it in my grip it was all over. I wanted the Kobra Carry, but I didn't want the finish they had in stock... so that'll be a New year toy.... I HAD to have the HK.

I typically do not like DA pistols. I don't care for the dual stage trigger inconsistency from 1st to 2nd shot. But the trigger on this HK is incredibly smooth.

Then I saw that you can alter the grips a LOT. 3 sets of side panels with different degrees of swell, and 3 different backstraps too!! Luckily the "medium" sets that were already on there were my perfect grip anyway.

I took her out on the range immediately and blew 150 rounds through her with not one hiccup, and astounding accuracy for a 3" barrel!

Anyway, I have not been this happy about a gun purchase in so long that I can't even remember. The only trying part of it all was because the gun is so new on the market, there are no holsters for it. I did find a nice Galco made for a Sig that fits it very nicely though.

If you get the chance, pick one of these puppies up... worth every penny and then some. Here are the pics........... (it'll take a couple of posts)

More on next post........

These grips are very comfy, and the finger grooves are helpful.

More on next post......

Decocker on rear of slide. Easy to get to! I also love the ambi slide lock and ambi mag release.

And here's the target from my best grouping of 15 rounds at 50 feet offhand. Perhaps with a few more range sessions that group will tighten up a bit.

Great pictures and post. Great shooting too. Great pistol. Lots of greats......
    Thanks.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

nice camera work...what did you use to photograph the p30?

Unrepentant HKHolic

Thumbs up

BanditSRT8,
    Congrats on the P30 purchase and welcome to the forum! Those are some amazing pictures and some of the nicest that I have seen. Would it be possible to get a hi-res version of the third picture? It would make a very nice background on my laptop.
    Thanks

Desperately Needs Treatment

Awesome pictures :) Glad You like Your new toy.
    Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. Col. Jeff Cooper

Facebook.com/koukal.lukas

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Awesome Pics. What a beautiful sidearm. Wow.....
    Better to have it and not need it..........even better to have them all!!!!!!

Thanks everyone, I am very glad I was able to snag one.

I use a Nikon D70 for my photography.

Mark, here ya go:

Unrepentant HKHolic

Thumbs up

Thanks BanditSRT8 it looks great!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links