+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: P30: disassembly/assembly help!!

Red face

Hello Forum, just got a P30 to add to my collection. Great gun, but here is the problem: when I push the slide stop to the left, it would only move slightly and then is stuck. So I applied some force by a stick with a soft end and got the slide stop out. The lever on the right-hand side got out by rotating it and pulling slightly. It seems that the trigger rebound spring protrudes about 1/3 inch to the slide stop channel and interferes with the slide stop going in and out. That is different from my P2000, where you can get the slide stop in and out easily. I read and re-read the manual (in fact, it is identical to P2000) and it does not mention anything about this. Should I remove the excess 1/3 inch of the spring or just try to bend it inward? This surely pisses me off, as all other HK pistols I got were flawless. Help!!
    Last edited by diesel1959; 12-21-2007 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Merged two identical threads. Merged two identical posts.

The slide stop does not have to come out for disassembly, notice the top edge of the slide stop, it should be painted red. You just push it out until it stops and remove the slide reward. Hope this helps you.

Very Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hessy View Post
    Hello Forum, just got a P30 to add to my collection. Great gun, but here is the problem: when I push the slide stop to the left, it would only move slightly and then is stuck. So I applied some force by a stick with a soft end and got the slide stop out. The lever on the right-hand side got out by rotating it and pulling slightly. It seems that the trigger rebound spring protrudes about 1/3 inch to the slide stop channel and interferes with the slide stop going in and out. That is different from my P2000, where you can get the slide stop in and out easily. I read and re-read the manual (in fact, it is identical to P2000) and it does not mention anything about this. Should I remove the excess 1/3 inch of the spring or just try to bend it inward? This surely pisses me off, as all other HK pistols I got were flawless. Help!!
    STOP! HK should be slapped on the behind for not putting a separate P30 field strip instruction insert in the Operator's Manual that came with your gun instead of confusing folks by referring to the P2000. I understand that they will start doing. The left side lever is designed to come out only about a third of the way. The right side is not designed to come out at all although it can. For field stripping there is no need to touch it. Once the left side lever is out a third of the way, the slide can easily be slid off the frame. I went through this myself.
    Last edited by kraigster414; 12-21-2007 at 05:06 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kraigster414 View Post
    STOP! HK should be slapped on the behind for not putting a separate P30 field strip instruction insert in the Operator's Manual that came with your gun instead of confusing folks by referring to the P2000. I understand that they will start doing. The left side lever is designed to come out only about a third of the way. The right side is not designed to come out at all although it can. For field stripping there is no need to touch it. Once the left side lever is out a third of the way, the slide can easily be slid off the frame. I went through this myself.
    Great post kraigster. . . important difference.
    HK is the way!

Quote Originally Posted by kraigster414 View Post
    Thank you! Now as I took both the slide stop and the right-hand side lever off, should I try to first assemble them in the frame and then put the entire frame assembly with the slide, or put the slide on and then try to assemble the slide stop and the lever with the slide on?
    HK manual obviously fooled me and there is no excuse for not putting any explanation for differences between P2000 and P30. In fact, both P30 and P2000 photos are in the manual, but fully assembled, and disassembly only explains the P2000 procedure.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Quote Originally Posted by lotsagas4u View Post
    ... You just push it out until it stops and remove the slide reward. Hope this helps you.
    Would my new P30 have this 'reward'? I wondered why these things are so expensive??

lol

Just ribbin ya! ;)

hkx3
    Last edited by hkx3; 12-21-2007 at 05:27 PM.
    Graduate of the Rex Kwon Do 8 week program.

Very Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by orfeo View Post
    Great post kraigster. . . important difference.
    I copied and pasted at the HK USA forum. I got a message back that they do include an insert. I never got an insert with my gun and it is evident that others didn't either. Sounds though that all future P30s will have dedicated P30 field strip instructions included with the gun specifically dealing with the removal of the slide. That's good. Those that were fortunate to read the G&A Magazine's P30 review knew this beforehand. I'll have to renew my G&A subscription. :)
    Last edited by kraigster414; 12-21-2007 at 05:25 PM.

Very Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hessy View Post
    Thank you! Now as I took both the slide stop and the right-hand side lever off, should I try to first assemble them in the frame and then put the entire frame assembly with the slide, or put the slide on and then try to assemble the slide stop and the lever with the slide on?
    HK manual obviously fooled me and there is no excuse for not putting any explanation for differences between P2000 and P30. In fact, both P30 and P2000 photos are in the manual, but fully assembled, and disassembly only explains the P2000 procedure.
    I would reinstall them back in the frame but if something doesn't look right/feel right DO NOT FORCE anything. Call H&K. Other HKPro members may have additional guidance for you. Let us know when the coast is clear.

Kraigster, thanks, you saved my day! I went back and carefully bent the trigger rebound spring back roughly to its original position, then inserted the slide stop-the spring snaps into a little opening and retains the slide stop, then I pulled the slide stop about 1/4 inch, inserted the right lever into its place and pushed the slide stop all the way in. No visible damage to anything was done. I then retracted the slide stop about 1/4 inch and slid the slide assembly on top and locked it by the slide stop. Done. Phew!! :D This almost ruined my day-I even called HK CS, but the rep was not there. BTW, they are all out intil the 1st week of Jan.
    Marry Christmas to all!

See what happens when you try to help a guy in need, in yourn mind yourn a thinkin, but yourn finger mispels it. When I went back and read it, it made me laugh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links