+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just recieved my carry permit .... what holster?

Default Just recieved my carry permit .... what holster?

I've finally received my carry permit and have been beginning to eye-ball some holsters for my P30.

I know comp-tac makes holsters to fit the P30 but am confused on all the options available.

My step-father has advised me to avoid paddle hosters if possible and really wanted me to get a blade-tech holster ... but they don't seem to fit the P30.

I think during the summer time I would do something IWB and winter I would do a hip hostler (with a jacket). Anyways I was looking at the Pro-undercover and the standard belt holster.

Would these be good choices? I don't want anything complex at the moment ....

Thanks!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

I like the MTAC IWB holster available from Comp-Tac. I like the adjustable cant, and it is made to be pretty comfortable to use daily. It's a bit more expensive, but not as expensive as some of the custom leather holsters from other sites.

All in all I like the MTAC the best from what I've seen for IWB for the price. It's not complex, but it's pretty comfortable and offers some options for it to work for you. If you want the grip angled, it offers adjustment so that it works for you. It's an important aspect for me.

The key thing is to get something you will be comfortable and confident in wearing. If it's going to make you leave your gun at home then what was the point?
    Last edited by cmdrdredd; 03-02-2008 at 05:58 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic

+1 on the MTAC - I really love mine, and unlike other places, you can get then in a week.
    -[ MueveloNYC's P2000/sk FAQ ]- . . MNYC's NYC Gun FAQ
    USPc vs. P2000sk Range Report || Система Martial Arts Trained
    Vids: ABCNews: Gun Control Myths, Part2 . 30 Days: Gun Nation
    NRA Life Member, FL&CT CCW, USPc, M1 Super90, R700p LTR TWS

Range Courtesy: (watch your brass!)

Very Senior Member

CTAC isn't a slouch either. I can only speak on the CTAC because I haven't handled the MTAC yet.

I have Comp-Tac Pro Undercover & Infidel IWB holsters for several of my guns and have to say they are some of the best quality kydex holsters on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by MueveloNYC View Post
    +1 on the MTAC - I really love mine, and unlike other places, you can get then in a week.
    forgot that point...1 week to receive it. Some custom holsters can take a month or more because they are made on a per order basis.

Thanks guys for the replies!

I'll look more at the MTAC

I forgot to add ... I am fairly slim ... I would say 5'8 140 pounds (30/31 inch waist). Would this change anything? I see the MTAC looks fairly large.

So I guess what I am trying to say is would the MTAC be fairly compact ... or should I look back at the undercover?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by GoodOmens; 03-03-2008 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodOmens View Post
    Thanks guys for the replies!

I'll look more at the MTAC

I forgot to add ... I am fairly slim ... I would say 5'8 140 pounds (30/31 inch waist). Would this change anything? I see the MTAC looks fairly large.

So I guess what I am trying to say is would the MTAC be fairly compact ... or should I look back at the undercover?

Thanks again!
    I'm 5'9" and about 160lbs. MTAC works. It looks big, but it's really just to have more padding and leather around the area that hits your body. I tuck in a shirt (undershirt or t-shirt depending on what I'm wearing) then the shirt is between the holster and my skin. Then I put another shirt over that and wear it untucked so you would never see it.

riggsy

Personally I like the Comp-Tac Gurhka the best. The C-Tac & M-Tac dug into my leg.
    Last edited by riggsy; 03-05-2008 at 02:30 AM.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

+1 on the Ghurka. I love mine, just received my CCW also and will be wearing it A LOT. It is nice cause it is fairly small for how comfertable and stable it is. Easy to slide off when going to the office.

I have a Galco Royal guard for my glock. It is pretty nice, I like leather, especially horse hide, but it isn't as stable as the ghurka and is more expensive.
    Changing all the time!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links