Closed Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: HK45 FINISH PROBLEM!

Exclamation HK45 FINISH PROBLEM!

I fired about 800 rnds from it with a span of a month, using mostly Winchester 230gr FMJ and Sellier and Belloit 230 FMJ. I cleaned after every session (4 sessions in all) with the recommended MIL-L-63460 (CLP) and followed the procedure strictly from the manual. One problem found was on the exterior slide. The black color before, now has grayish and brownish color stains and spots all over. The other stain found was on the right side of the barrel, below the HK LOGO and serial number. Theres a brownish stain underlining the serial number. I dont use hoster. I just carry and store it in the factory hard case.

Does anybody here has the same problem??? Is there anyway we could removed this???? does the black finish thinning thus becoming gray??? then brownish???

Already informed HKUSA bout this and still waiting for reply. I did not expect for an expensive gun with HK brand to have a finish like this.

that really concerns me, I'm thinking about getting a HK45, keep us updated

I have fired about 1200 rounds of Winchester 230 gr. FMJ through mine, cleaning after every session (6) and I have not had this problem. I don't use CLP, I use Blue Wonder and Rem Oil so i don't know if that has anything to do with it. I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue.
    Armis Exposcere Pacem
    Rev. 19:11

-Semper Fi-

I've had mine for a few weeks (300 rounds through it). The only wear I've seen is on the slide release (minor). I've only used WWB so far.

When did you first notice the problem?

I've put 1400 rounds of a mix of WWB, Gold Dot, Double Tap JHP, Double Tap FMJ-FP, and Georgia Arms reloads all 230gr. through mine. I've cleaned it 3 times and it still pretty much looks like the day I bought it. I cleaned it with CLP and lubed with tw25b. I sure hope that your problem is an isolated one and gets fixed for you quickly.
    Last edited by icybluesmile; 03-02-2008 at 10:33 PM. Reason: forgot to mention cleaning supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by GRISTLE View Post
    I've had mine for a few weeks (300 rounds through it). The only wear I've seen is on the slide release (minor). I've only used WWB so far.

When did you first notice the problem?

I noticed the problem after my last cleaning session. After 800 rnds. Notice the color of the slide release, that is the same brownish color on the right side of the barrel below the HK LOGO and serial number markings.

I will post photo soon.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Try rubbing some oil into the slide.

The HE finish will get an uneven "look" to it if its dry, if you oil it up it should look good again :)
    "ma man, ma man, w-w-w-whats dis thing wit' all dese numbas?"

kilo9

Do the stains appear to disappear when you rub oil on those areas?

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

I seriously doubt it's rust. CLP when one puts a lot on which tends to dry slowly makes part of the gun look new, and other parts old. At least from my experience. I use EEZOX now, but used to use CLP. It's decent stuff and your gun shouldn't be rusting. However, with no pics, none of use can guide you past mere speculation.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Sounds like contact wear on the barrel under the serial (we ALL have this wear line), and good 'ol HK hardened steel discoloration, which I see as a good thing. I'd rather Have a purple/discolored extractor and slide stop than a straight black one any day.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Links