+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HK MP5 9mm pistol build from parts kit and receiver

Default HK MP5 9mm pistol build from parts kit and receiver

Does anybody know any other builders that could build me one of these besides IGF and RDTS?

IGF gave me a quote of $650 to do the work plus $75 to thread the barrel like an MP5-N. That sounds pretty good; I've heard great things about them and will probably go with them. RDTS did not return my emails or my phone call so I don't know what they charge.

Any other good builders that could build this pistol out of an MP5 parts kit and a receiver?

RDTS quoted me $950 for a build out a stripped receiver and no trunion. I had to fax them to get a response out of them. This would be what I am working with, right?

I'm pretty set on Jayson @ IGF, I've yet to hear a bad thing about him. What type of finish does he put on the gun? The black enamel (is that the right term?) HK finish? Does he make the receiver less crappy? By this I mean does he make it so you can use straight and curved mags and do other needed fixes to the receiver to make it almost HK quality? Anybody who's had experience with Jayson building one of these for you, please let me know. Thank you.

My experience with Jayson was that you need to SPECIFICALLY specify what work you want done or you may be badly disapointed in what you receive back from him. I requested a MP5 build and supplied a SW cast receiver with HK kit and got back something that still had weld marks/pimples and the finish of 60 grit sandpaper. It took several months but he did finally "smooth and grind" and refinish to an acceptable level.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by i405 View Post
    Does anybody know any other builders that could build me one of these besides IGF and RDTS?

IGF gave me a quote of $650 to do the work plus $75 to thread the barrel like an MP5-N. That sounds pretty good; I've heard great things about them and will probably go with them. RDTS did not return my emails or my phone call so I don't know what they charge.

Any other good builders that could build this pistol out of an MP5 parts kit and a receiver?
    I would contact boardmember Ghilliebear 2000. He does great quality work and his prices are reasonable. In addition, he's a great guy to talk about the details of your build over the phone and is easy to reach.

police department said there getting rid of their mp5/40sw because they are having a hard time getting parts from h&k in germany. its a police forum.check it out

Banned

Mike Otte (Michael's Machines) built mine. He did an amazing job, communication was excellent, and the turnaround time was about 2 weeks. He built both my 53 and MP5 pistols. I highly recommend going with him.

I hear nothing but good things about IGF too. I had my 33 parts kit there for about 5 months but finally had to cancel the project because I started another.

I've had Gilliebear build me two pistols, HK53 and MP5/40. Both turned out great!!! and the price and turn around time can't be beat. Send him an email or give him a call (918-781-3939). If he doesn't answer, leave him a message. He's often working in his shop and can't hear his cell phone.

Jeff

Desperately Needs Treatment

I had 3 mp5 pistols built by Jayson at IGF. The finish was perfect and the guns run flawlessly. Communication was excellent. I couldnt be happier with my IGF experience. Here is a pic of one of the builds.

+ Reply to Thread

Links