+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: HK45 and P30 superior to the USP series?

Default HK45 and P30 superior to the USP series?

Why, really, is the USP still being produced and sold if the HK45 and P30 are superior to the USP line?

The majority here have stated the HK45 series has less felt recoil (O-ring & lighter slide), smoother trigger, adjustable grips, and a non-proprietary Picatinny rail. The P30 possesses several of these traits as well. This proves it's better, right?

Why does H&K still continue with the HK USP, then? The same could be argued about the P2000 vs. USP in which the P2000 is clearly an evolution of the USP.

The USP was released in 1994. Perhaps the other guns are overshadowed by the USP's reputation.
    USP .45
    USP Compact .45
    USP Compact 9mm

as long as usps are selling hk will make them. dont ferget many pds use the usp, and police outfits seem to be getting bigger not smaller right now,
    thay have to equip new officers with duty sidearms every academy, and if that pd issues the usp thay will buy more from hk and hk will make more.
    (oh and i am picking my new usp up on friday. a .40 fullsize v1)
    three day wait....but i'm mad now!

lex ferenda (Moderator)

There are markets where they can't sell the HK45 and P30, too.
    HK45; P7M8 - AH.

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor does this post constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Doesn't the USP series have more carry modes available? I know that I won't carry a P30 because it can't operate SAO, and I like the same trigger press every time. Plus, the newer H&K pistols are in a whole other price range above the USP pistols. I also seem to recall some posters mentioning that they shot their USP much better than their P2000, HK45C, or what have you. Anyhow, as bigghk702 mentioned, H&K is not going to discontinue a model that is still selling. Since there are quite a few USP's in service with law enforcement, home land security, and even some military usage, I doubt they will go the way of the Dodo for a little while yet.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

as long as the prices for the p30 and hk45's stay up in the stratosphere you will still see the usp's produced. now if hk made the p30 and hk45 the same price as the usp then you would definately see a dramatic decline in usp sales especially in the law enforcement market who look for the cheapest price possible. ie thats why so many departments carry glocks if hk priced their guns the same as glock id bet glock sales would drop as well.

They're far to many LE agencies that issue some chambering of the usp series. The German Army carries a version of the usp 9. As long as they're being bought, they will continue to make them.

I have been battling with the same question in my mind.

The tac/light holsters and night sights I have for my USP45 and P-2000 ,help them to remain my go to pistols.

I have a P30 and HK45 too , and love them.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Sobriquet View Post
    There are markets where they can't sell the HK45 and P30, too.
    Are you alluding to the issue about HK45s not being on the CA "approved" list? If so, I wish you'd just make a real statement in place of the vague 'rolleye' driveby comments.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
    Why, really, is the USP still being produced and sold if the HK45 and P30 are superior to the USP line?

The USP was released in 1994. Perhaps the other guns are overshadowed by the USP's reputation.
    Like you said the USP has a reputation and allot of followers. My dealer is still moving the USP line, so my guess is until sales become stagnant it will continue to be produced.

Personally I like the USP line allot, especially the Combat Competition model in 9mm.
    HK45 / HK45c / USP45c SS / P30 / P30L / P7M8 AH
    Fostering fear is good for business.

AWD
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
    Because enough people think they are not superior to the USP. This forum, as great as it is, represents a miniscule part of HK owners/users. Maybe people on this board blab on about how great such and such gun is... who cares? HK doesn't, I am sure they make way too much money on the USP to listen to you.

AWD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links