+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Value of HK P9S 45 combat?

Default Value of HK P9S 45 combat?

Hey there, guys -

I have a VERY nice condition HK P9S in .45 acp - been fired maybe 50 rounds. Would include 2 very nice condition mags as well. The pistol has some very fine scuffs/scratches on the rear of the slide where the loaded/unloaded indicator pin is and a very small patch (1mm or so) of discoloration, purplish/plum in color (maybe corrosion but it has never changed in appearance or size in the 10 years I've owned it) on the slide near the barrel, on the right side/front of the slide. Other than that, it looks brand new and the bore is minty/shiny as hell. It is either the original coating or it was redone and is perfect other than noted above, with bright and colorful read and white lettering.

Just wondering what I could reasonably expect to get for it if I tried to sell it.

Thanks!

HKPRO Professional

Hit or miss on these! Perfect ones have asking prices of 1500 and up, but right now most ive seen are selling a little under 1k still. I think its just a downturn as people are selling off alot of thier older stock. There are just alot more on the market right now. I'd just hold onto it for awhile and see if/when it swings back and people want them again. But if you were selling now, expect around 1k. Hopefully for the plus side.

If you do end up selling, let me know ;)

Thanks - I am going to sell it - probably put it up for sale tomorrow once I get some good pictures of it - I just never shoot it and have no use for it. Just bought the wife a new rifle (her first bolt action) - a Tikka 6.5x55 and need to sell the HK for it and the Zeiss scope that will sit on it :)

I still have my P9S 9mm, though - I'll never get rid of it!

Desperately Needs Treatment

It's worth more than 1K, unless you're set on giving it away. The .45 Combat isn't all that common, HK only made around 8400 P9S .45's total including Targets.
    From the Contemporary Warrior perspective:
    NO ONE... and I mean NO ONE threatens me,
    my family or other innocents while I stand idly by and
    do nothing. Screw that. Iím not prey. Iím the predator.
    I donít GET HUNTED... I GO HUNTING. This is
    primary before everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by piebiter View Post
    It's worth more than 1K, unless you're set on giving it away. The .45 Combat isn't all that common, HK only made around 8400 P9S .45's total including Targets.
    Hmm, I sort of figured it wasn't that common, but didn't realize they only made less then 10,000 of them. May have to check a little more about overall value vs. condition, etc. Maybe I can post a pic or two here of the gun so those of you "in the know" more than me regarding condition can figure out of the small scratches/discolorations detract much from the value.

Unrepentant HKHolic

My local shop has one for sale right now in excellent condition, new buffer, and matching leather for both the gun and two mags, for $1150. Been there now for a couple months along with a couple P7s, AND a HK4. I was amazed when I saw all of that sitting in their used case. (Someone probably brought in a bunch of "old" stuff for trade.)
    Aim High!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

$900+/- in the current market. P9S .45's are uncommon...but right now that jsut does not matter as much.

Quote Originally Posted by benderx4 View Post
    My local shop has one for sale right now in excellent condition, new buffer, and matching leather for both the gun and two mags, for $1150. Been there now for a couple months along with a couple P7s, AND a HK4. I was amazed when I saw all of that sitting in their used case. (Someone probably brought in a bunch of "old" stuff for trade.)
    Wow, I've always wanted an HK4 with all 4 barrels - wonder how much they want for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Coronelli View Post
    $900+/- in the current market. P9S .45's are uncommon...but right now that jsut does not matter as much.
    That's about what I'm seeing - seems like everyone is now buying the hi-cap stuff, semi-auto rifles, mags, etc.

Here are the pics, showing that slight discoloration spot and the fine scratches on the back, as well as the strong coloring, lettering, and shiny bore and finish:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links