+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HK P7 M8 or PSP

FFL /07 MFG

Default HK P7 M8 or PSP

I hope I am not over posting here about this. I thinking I got my mind made up that I wan to get a P7M8. But can someone tell me what the difference the M8 and the PSP? I see PSP from 500.00 to 700.00 Then on the M8's I see them from $1100 and up. I can find a PSP here in OKLA, but just can not find a M8 to look at. so I am asking you all for help on this.

Now be easy on me with this,,,, I am starting to put my Colts down for the HK life!!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Check the front page of the site. There is a very nice write up on all the different variants out there. Very informative and welcome to the collective.

http://www.hkpro.com/contents.htm
    Fortes fortuna adiuvat

for the price difference, get the psp, but having said that i love the m8...
    P7M8 - AI

Desperately Needs Treatment

The heat guard and different mag release are the two differences. I own both, but carry my P7PSP. For the money the PSP is the way to go. I have no problem with the European style mag release and I don't rapid fire my pistol so the lack of the heat guard doesn't bother me as well. My p7M8 is pretty much a safe queen these days.
    Join the NRA.

Premium Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
    The heat guard and different mag release are the two differences. I own both, but carry my P7PSP. For the money the PSP is the way to go. I have no problem with the European style mag release and I don't rapid fire my pistol so the lack of the heat guard doesn't bother me as well. My p7M8 is pretty much a safe queen these days.
    Ditto... except, I DO "rapid fire" my PSPs. It takes four or more magazines, in rapid sucession, to heat the gun up to the point where it will burn you.

But then... look out. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
    Same here, have both the P7 and P7M8 but carry the P7 daily. I suggest the OP to get the P7 and a few extra mags and ammo.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Keep looking. In this economy, you'll find an M8 out there for a price you can afford. Personally, I prefer the M8 by far.
    Dobe

Ammo, the currency of the new millennium.

Went to the SAR/Great Western Show and out of ALL those tables there was only one P7M8 and I bought it preferring the mag catch to the PSP.
    For the money the PSP is probably smarter if its just a carry gun and your not going to be firing it mag after mag at a range- A full box downrange would get a little warm with the PSP but one can take a little heat for half the price I suppose.

I am new to this forum and have been searching P7 info on nightsights and thought I would ask here where/who can I send my P7M8 slide to have meprolight installed??

Have Trijicons on my SIg and they are small and the reason I want the nightsights is I can not see my front site at all- really need a fiber optic up there but I doubt that is doable and not lose all POA/POI inherent in
    with the stock P7 iron sight.

Mark

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by ColtDogg View Post
    I hope I am not over posting here about this. I thinking I got my mind made up that I wan to get a P7M8. But can someone tell me what the difference the M8 and the PSP? I see PSP from 500.00 to 700.00 Then on the M8's I see them from $1100 and up. I can find a PSP here in OKLA, but just can not find a M8 to look at. so I am asking you all for help on this.

Now be easy on me with this,,,, I am starting to put my Colts down for the HK life!!
    You can look at and shoot mine if you would like?
    HK45 / HK45c / USP45c SS / P30 / P30L / P7M8 AH
    Fostering fear is good for business.

HKPRO Professional

I have both but my favorite is the m8. Mag release works better for my big hands

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links