+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HK Mags vs. Pro Mag

Default HK Mags vs. Pro Mag

I've been having a hard time finding magazines for my UPS .45 fullsize. I can't find any 12 rd or even 10 rd magazines for it at a decent price. I can find some Promag versions, but I know people frown on those.

I guess my question is, how bad are the Promag mags? Are they going to break really easily? I only plan on using them for visits to the range, and then use the HK mags for everything else.

Also, any tips on where to find some HK USP .45 full size mags would be helpful (the cheaper the better, but right now anything will do).

Thanks for help in advance.

AWD
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by KYSHOT27 View Post
    I only plan on using them for visits to the range, and then use the HK mags for everything else.
    Good plan. Promag for range, HK for your life. You want HK you will pay HK... Midway has 12 rounders for $46.99 backordered. Looks like they will have them January 4th if you can wait that long. I personally cannot vouch for any other supplier as I haven't ordered elsewhere... I am sure you will get a lot of other great sources here.

AWD

Desperately Needs Treatment

I wouldn't pay $5 for the promags - and I'm serious, but I guess I just know how much they're going to jam up at the range and cause frustration - to me they're just not worth it.

I ordered some Hk USP 10rdrs from CDNN for $20/mag very recently.

Top gun supply has the 12rdrs for $54 + flat rate shipping of 9.95.

My last order from TGS came in about 2-3 days, I was impressed.

Unrepentant HKHolic

And the Pro-Mags will help you practice clearance drills. Something HK mag are not too good for.
    Everyone is out of everything. That is why most of us stocked up before the election. We knew what might happen and if it did, which it did, there would be a run on everything associated with black rifles and full caps of all brands.
    If BO does not pass a new AWB right away full caps will get back in stock again but likely the price will be higher, so get ready for it. Back order the mags if you can find anyone taking back orders and you are just going to have to forget about pricing. If you want them you are going to have to pay for them now. I think the days of cheap (relative term) full caps are pretty much gone.
    Join the NRA
    On the 8th day God created HKs.
    Beware speaking with a sharp tongue as you are apt to cut your own throat.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bore View Post
    And the Pro-Mags will help you practice clearance drills. Something HK mag are not too good for.
    That's a good point

+1

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Quote Originally Posted by bshizzle View Post
    That's a good point

+1
    I totally agree with these guys. I had some 10 rnd Promags for my USP 45F. They were horrible!!! I tossed them.
    "You never actually own a quality firearm, you merely take care of it for the next generation"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bore View Post
    ...full caps...
    Way to go Big Bore thanks for setting a great example for all of us. Full caps are what they are, not high caps. High caps are what antis & the media call standard capacity or full capacity magazines.

We should all get away from using the jargon of the antis' and call them full caps or standard capacity magazines.

BTW, if there is another AWB, those 10 rounders for pistols that normally hold more are are called restricted capacity magazines.
    So, when people say: "But an H&K is more expensive.", ask them: "Is it more expensive than a funeral?"

Unrepentant HKHolic

The Pro-Mags that I had were total crap. The only issues I have ever had with any of of HK's was with my USP.45 when using the Pro-Mag 12 rounders. Be patient and try to find some factory HK mags. Being that they are sold out at most places you can post a WTB ad in the classifieds section on various forums to see if anyone has them for sale.
    Gun control is like fighting drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to buy cars.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

kyshot27,

try ed's sport shop inc. Phone number 570-668-1080, or online at www.edssportshop.com.

Ed and Vicki are very nice people. She is called the "magazine lady" at our local gun shows in PA.

Never again Pro Mag.

+ Reply to Thread

Links