HKPRO Forums banner

Best "pelican" case for MP5

26K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  Country_First 
#1 ·
I'm looking to pick up a travel case for an MP5. I'd like to get a form fit pelican/storm type of case. Does anyone make one already custom set-up for an MP5 and accessories? Or, is it better to get one with cubed foam in it and lay it out yourself?

Where is the best place to buy one of these?

Thanks,
Kevin

#13 ·
Darin, Did you ever time to shoot some pics of your Pelican 1495 w/MP5A3? I have the same setup and I'm looking for some ideas.

Thanks

#8 ·
You are welcome. The Mini Uzi is "pick and pluck" and it is easy. The CA89K was cut with an expanding utility knife. Yes, it is easy if you take your time. Many people have suggested using an electric carving knife. I believe that would work very nicely.

You could turn the foam over and mark the outline to cut by. If you are nervous about doing it, mark your close outline and then start in the very center of the part that will be cut out and make a little hole and then cut around it to gradually make it bigger and this should give you some confidence before you get out to the final cut.

I hope this helps.

I plan to get you some pics tonight but I need to do some honey-do's first before I play.

Darin

#15 ·
I've got a guy who is a Pelican distributor. He provides Pelican cases for each of my HK weapons with custom fit foam inserts. I simply provide him sketches of how I want the weapons and accessories positioned or bring everything to him in person and he has a machine that does the work. It is very professional and hold up very well, much better than the "pick and pluck" technique. I'll be happy to provide photos if you shoot me your e-mail, as I haven't figured out how to post photos here. Or I can provide you the distibutor's number.

#16 ·
I don't fly with guns, to much issue transporting the ammo and don't like going bare foot that much ;-).

Thus another option is picking a soft case that fits inside the hard case. Then you have the best of both worlds. A Soft case when at the range and a hard case when loaded into the truck. Add a few inserts to keep the soft case from moving and/or extra padding and has worked well in the past.

Regards
John

#22 ·
I found one but it is for airsoft and costs only $55

BTSRCP420 - TSD Tactical Small Plastic Gun case.

Keep you airsoft guns secure and protected. Transport your airsoft guns, safely! Sturdy hard shell plastic guncase. Soft sponge lining, with 2 clamp locks.

Outside Dimensions (including lip): 25" x 12" x 5"
Inside Dimensions: 24.25" x 11.25"

eBay link: TSD Tactical Small Plastic Rifle Case | eBay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.