+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HK91 22 cal conversion kit

Max
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Default HK91 22 cal conversion kit

So, here is my question after looking through several older posts.
    It appears that the 22 cal conversion kit comes in 2 flavors, one with an extension on the bolt and one w/o an extension on the bolt. I have usually heard the one with the bolt extension called the "semi auto" version. But then in other places I have seen folks say it will still work with a sear pack. Does someone know if the one with the extension will also work with a sear?
    Currently I want to use it in semi configuration, but I dont want to limit my future use with a sear.

Ref: http://www.sturmgewehr.com/bhinton/H...t91_G3Bolt.jpg

Thanks for any info.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Max, I'd like to add to your question by asking if the ejector lever and hammer spring need to be changed for the .22 conversion?????? What if anything else besides the conversion kit is needed for full auto in .22?

Desperately Needs Treatment

the "semi-auto" version has the extension to prevent the bolt from being pulled too far back and getting stuck on the hammer. Doesn't happen when you are shooting, but when you manually use the cocking lever to open the action. I believe you can get a retimed hammer that will cause the hammer to sit lower in pack when cocked and will prevent hanging up on the .22 conversion.

Both versions of the .22 kit will run in FA if you have a proper FA trigger pack. There is nothing else needed as far as I know. Pull the butt stock, remove the .308 carrier, drop in the barrel liner, and the .22 conversion bolt, reinstall the butt stock, and you are ready to rock.

Couple of notes, make sure you get the barrel liner in right side up, and the cut outs line up with the extractor on the .22 bolt.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Yes, they will both work in a happy switch gun as well as a semi. The sole reason for the extension is with the semi guns. See, the 22 kit does NOT have a bolt head sticking out an additional 2 something inches. The 22 kit carrier is thus "short" by that amount. If you cock the bolt all the way back on a full auto kit (in a semi) the hammer will pop up in front of the carrier (normally held down by the bolt head) and will not close. It'll get hung up on the carrier. The extension keeps the bolt from going back too far and over riding the hammer. Semi guys can use a rubber hose extension on the recoil spring to achieve the same effect.

Sear guns have the same problem with the full auto kit. They either need the rubber hose trick OR a retimed hammer, which will snap the hammer DOWN out of the way... same as a real Full Auto G-3.

And nothing else needs to be changed, it should work with the original hammer springs and ejectors. Remember... once you cock this thing by hand (move the actual carrier back), once it goes into battery the 22 kit carrier DOES NOT MOVE. The 22 carrier has ANOTHER bolt inside it, which does the back'n forth thing. It also has it's own extractor and recoil springs, etc.
    45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911

Auf gebeginning to fixin der gun mit grosse busen of der schpritzin lubrication allen over derfukin platz, mit das squirtin and squeezin oil in allen fukinholes.
    Ja, und racken und strokin das bolt as if gecrazygoing, yanken dat handle bak und forth, zwei hunnert times, ja?
    Ist neue, und its needing some brekkin in.
    Zo, BREKKIN ZEFUKIN THING IN!

Certified MM leghumper...

Max
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Excellent!

Thanks for the info, that was just what I needed to guide my purchase decision.

+ Reply to Thread

Ads