+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Merkel SR-1 from CDNN

Default Merkel SR-1 from CDNN

Thjs is sort of a heads up on the Merkel SR-1's that CDNN is closing out for Merkel.

In case you wonder why I'm putting this in the HK Long guns section... well an SR-1 would be the modern sibling of the SLB2000.

Anyway, these guns were advertsed with 2, 5-rd mags. When I ordered, though, they informed me it would only come with 1 5-rd mag.

When I received the rifle, I took it out and shot it, and quickly found out it only had a 2-rd mag.

CDNN is willing to take the gun back, or give me some cash back.... but I'm not sure how I want to proceed.

A past call to Merkel told me they have no 5-rd mads in country, and won't until their next import/export permit. I'm currently waiting to see if they may have the baseplate and follower to make a five round mag out of the two (the box appears to be the right size).

Anyway...just wanted to let people know who might be considering a purchase.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Thanks for the heads up, called to get one in 223 and they are out, as is the 300WM,
    only flavor is 30-06. Too bad, was all excited about the 223, if anyone knows where
    they all went, please send me a PM.

Thx
    "Look sharp, keep fit and make good decisions" B.P.Fife

Yeah... I'm having a tough time making up my mind on this. It's a decent rifle... but obviously you jump right into an uncommon gun, hard to find parts, etc.

oh... btw... when I initially called last week or so when I saw the ad... they didn't have many (if any) 300 WM. and they had only like 6 223's to start with. they had like 20 30-06. I believe they thought they'd see more coming from merkel as they were cleared out... but I think what they got was all they were going to get.

+ Reply to Thread

Ads