Hecker & Koch SR-9, H&K SR9T, and HK SR9 TC Models - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hecker & Koch SR-9, H&K SR9T, and HK SR9 TC Models

Heads Up! Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    I have no idea why HK included those 91 stock parts if it weren't OK, but I can tell you that practice did not last long. The first black thumbhole stock SR9s did not have the extra 91 stock parts included, we then received about two shipments with the extra 91 stock parts (and they had also raised the price a little), then HK stopped including the 91 stock parts. I can only guess that someone thought it was a great idea until they realized it facilitated breaking the law. Keep in mind, US parts weren't really available at that time (and Al Gore had just invinted the internet, so very few people had the net to communicate).

The HK rep was named Rick Roberts if I recall correctly. I still have his business card, but keep in mind, this was almost 20 years ago. I believe I said the first 25 were not a catalog item, and I said we never discussed whether these first 25 were stamped TC or not.
    So, if the first 25 "TC" upgraded rifles were not a catalog item and not stamped, then it's very likely they are not officially TC models, wouldn't you agree? This is something we should be able to find out. If that's the case, then there's more likely only 100 TC model numbers, even though there were 125 sold in that configuration.

I updated the post, here's the new wording, sound good?

There are claims that the first SR9 rifles ordered in T or TC configurations were not hand stamped at all. But, absent model number documentation from H&K such as an invoice or packing list, these claims are unsubstantiated because there is no known way to tell unstamped rifles apart from upgraded SR9 rifles otherwise. If anyone has H&K documentation of an unstamped T or TC, please post it. There are reportedly 25 unstamped "TC" models and another 100 stamped, but whether the unstamped rifles were ever officially considered TC models by H&K is unconfirmed. H&K has said they sold about 125 TC configured rifles in total though. The number of T models is unknown. Apparently, HK no longer has records of which SR9 serial numbers were factory upgraded to T and TC models or the information is not readily accessible or filed away somewhere.
    Last edited by Andrew; 06-14-2010 at 09:44 PM.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Excellent work here guys. I'll have to post a close up picture of my TC stamp so that you may use it in your example.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    So, if the first 25 "TC" upgraded rifles were not a catalog item and not stamped, then it's very likely they are not officially TC models, wouldn't you agree? This is something we should be able to find out. If that's the case, then there's more likely only 100 TC model numbers, even though there were 125 sold in that configuration.

I updated the post, here's the new wording, sound good?
    I guess the point I was trying to make was, I have no idea if the first 25 were marked or unmarked. I have never seen anyone make a firm statement one way or another (with any reliable basis). So, I can't say what those 25 guns were, T or TC, who knows?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Heads Up! Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, well thanks for all your input so far SudS. I really do appreciate it. I guess it's just one thing we get to find out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

one of the better reads on here for some time..good job..what really hurt us and helped the scammers is when that movie with billy zane came out fakes started appearing everywhere or so it seemed..good read nonetheless..god speed

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is an excellent thread, thank you for researching and compiling this history of the SR9 lineage. When you finish consolidating the relevant info, I vote for cleaning up the extra posts and making it a Sticky!

Nice work!
    "The solution to a given problem is found not by answering a question
    correctly, but rather by posing the correct question." ~Me

Live free or Die

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Necro bump: Are all the SR9s marked as being made in "W-Germany"?
    Or did that change to just "Germany" at some point?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can someone please educate me, how were the SR9 T and TC's allowed? It is my understanding that they could not have been imported in that configuration (unless for law enforcement or military use) because it would violate the sporting purposes test and they could not have been made into that configuration after importation because it would have violated 922(r). So what gives?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jet1mail View Post
    Can someone please educate me, how were the SR9 T and TC's allowed? It is my understanding that they could not have been imported in that configuration (unless for law enforcement or military use) because it would violate the sporting purposes test and they could not have been made into that configuration after importation because it would have violated 922(r). So what gives?
    The PSG1 grips and stocks, and MSG90 stocks allowed them to be considered "target shooting" firearms. Not sure if that was the official wording, but that's the gist of it.
    Hidden Content

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I think it was 1998 when HK tried to reintroduce the SR9 (with a different thumbhole stock) but ATF made a new determination of the definition of "sporting purpose." Those 1998 guns were not allowed to be imported. The earlier T and TC models were OK with the "sporting purpose" definition, until the term was reinvented to mean something else. The term sporting purpose seems to be a "living" term intended to change at the whim of whomever is reading the law.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links