+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grease gun conversion kit...is what I'm hearing true???

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by ntstambo2 View Post
    I hope no one takes offense to anything that I'm going to say. This is just my opinion and my intent is not to offend anyone. If I do I apologize. I'm just being honest.

They look cheap and there are rough cuts everywhere. I also don't like how easily the pin comes completely out of the lower. It's going to look obvious that you have two different halves of a gun stuck together and it really takes away from quality of the original HK product. Literally everyone that I showed the parts to thought they were fake. Like I said, I realize you get what you pay for but I couldn't tell it was going to look like this from the pictures I saw on the vendors site. It'll still be a fun and educating experience to convert the gun so I've decided to stick with it. What I don't understand is why they don't send these parts already cut to accept the grease gun magazines if that's their purpose?
    My GG lower was bought from someone else, who had epoxied the pins in place. I don't use it as my main setup, nor would I. But it does work for it's intended purpose. If you want the best UMP conversion, send the GG parts back and do the full-blown UMP conversion with factory parts. It is well worth it. And yes, while you should reasonably expect to get something of quality for the money, fact is that when you deal with that company you take your chances. Just like Century in the AK world.
    Guns? Plenty.

I've decided to send it back to the vendor. I've heard great things about Adam at HKparts, but every time I speak to him he tries to hurry me off the phone. When I speak to Tom Bowers it's the complete opposite experience. That guy will have my business for life.

I did eventually hear back from him, but I'm never ordering anything from that place again. He talked me into those garbage parts in the first place.
    Last edited by ntstambo2; 04-21-2011 at 03:10 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Just to be clear, Adam does not make these parts. He just sells them. He is a stand-up guy, and I am sure you will get this resolved satisfactorily.

The grease gun conversion kit is designed to be an affordable high capacity carbine in .45 ACP. If you want a real semi-auto UMP (or any HK firearm, for that matter), you'll have to pay for it.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Adam has always answered my emails and phone calls. He has bailed my a$$ out a couple of times. You won't find better service anywhere. Ask around on the forum and you will find out the same from other people.
    Last edited by HK556WI; 04-20-2011 at 10:27 PM.
    Lighting the Darkness

As I stated already, I've heard nothing but good things about him. However as I mentioned before I even received the parts, every single person I spoke to told me outright that they were garbage. Neither the picture on the website nor the description (his or the manufacturers) adequately represent these parts for what they are. They look like they were made in someone's basement. Everyone was new to HK at some point and that was very clear to him. When I mentioned my concerns (again, even before the parts arrived) he told me that others were just trying to sell me their product and that there was nothing wrong with the parts. I'm not going to mention people or businesses by name, but they are some of the most highly regarded folks out there. While I understand that you get what you pay for and "buyer beware", it was still a bit misleading. When you couple that with getting hit with a 20% restocking fee on your first order, you won't see me as a customer again. You can call it company policy until the cows come home. My policy is go elsewhere. I also didn't appreciate being hustled off the phone and being told that "we're not in business to accept returns". Sorry to interrupt your one way cash flow.

I'm definitely getting the UMP conversion now. In fairness to HKParts, they followed their company policy and they did accept the return.
    Last edited by ntstambo2; 04-21-2011 at 03:08 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Ouch, 20% restock on TN parts...I guess I can understand you being upset. One question, and I don't mean to be snarky...did you ask any of these questions or do any research on TN before you placed the order? Because if you had, you would likely have found out about the quality, fit and finish of the TN lowers before spending your money. Waiting until after you have already ordered may not have been the best option. As I stated before, I bought mine used from Gunbroker a few years back. I did it full well knowing going in how they look and about the loose pins. It was my only option to do the 10mm conversion I wanted. If it wasn't for that one purpose, I never would have bought one. But having it, I can say that it does work fine even though it is not that pretty.

Well, the reason I'm a little ticked off is that I did do the research. I came here and I heard about how great Adam was and I trusted him. I did hear that it wasn't as good as the UMP but I had no idea how bad it was going to be until it arrived on my doorstep. After I placed the order I started looking for gunsmith and then I really heard that harsh stuff. I already had ordered 10 grease gun mags as well but Tom Bowers was so good about the whole thing. He even told me the whole history of Top Notch, Special Weapons, how the guy changed his company's name because of all the complaints, etc. He offered to give me a full refund. A guy like that I will come back and buy a can from after I finish up with my UMP conversion. I guess I put too much trust in a vendor and I shouldn't have done that. I'm not new to firearms by any stretch but i am new to HK. There are people in the firearms industry that you buy from that really care about making their customers happy because I think they really enjoy what they do - like the guy I bought my Les Baer from at 1911heaven, CJ. To other people it's just a job and if you're not 100% educated before you contact them, you're just an annoyance and they want you out the back door faster than you walked in through the front. That's how I felt I was treated. Of course I take full responsibility for my purchase, but it's hard to accurately judge something that you can't walk into a storefront and see first hand. Sometimes you just have to take your chances...live and learn.

I was also told by a few experts it's impossible to convert an MP5 shoot Tokarev

Do want though.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Whatever....my TN parts kit is adequate, it's not HK, but I didn't have to mortgage the house to get it. Someone mentioned it functioned rough? What does that mean. My lower placed the Greas Gun magazines in the location to allow proper feeding. The rifle works. While it would be nice to have an exact replica, $230 and a little patience gives you a fix for a rifle that is marginal with 10 round magazines. I am VERY pleased with mine. However, I would LOVE to have the money to do a proper conversion. BTW I am in NY, so that is out of the question. I cannot own UMP magazines.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links