+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It was a big mistake buying my MR 556A1

Default It was a big mistake buying my MR 556A1

So just what I said....
    Reason: It has made me a complete snob!
    Especially when holding, looking at and shooting any AR type platform.
    Everything from Bushmaster to Olympic Arms. I constantly critcize every gun to the "silky smooth", "built like a tank" feel of my HK.
    I recently built a $1500 .22, purchased a brand new .308 and I dont want to shoot anything but my HK. And that says a lot cause any "new" gun is something that you want to shoot alot. I have to leave my HK at home if I want to shoot my new guns because they will just go right back in the trunk and out comes the MR 556A1.
    Nothing can compare. Not even close. HK has taken the fun out of new guns for me.
    Damn you HK! Lol...
    So now I almost feel stuck with one gun cause now everything out there feels like a compromise.

Anyone else experience this or know what I am talking about?

I know it feel like a complaint and my title is me just using sarcasim but everything else is true.
    Every rifle I handle now is complete junk to me.
    Bigger holes bleed more.
    HK45 Compact
    HK MR556A1
    Plenty of other guns not worth metioning since they are not H&K
    Lol.. :)

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

lol, tell you what, I'll send you a UPS label and take it off your hands so you can properly enjoy your other guns

But seriously, I'm gonna have to go play with one. I have a match AR15 that I built and a POF P-308 that i absolutely love the fit and finish of and would put against anything. But your post makes me curious to check one out

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Newb,
    Well we are all HK nuts here, right? But I don't know if ANY gun made by HK can make EVERY rifle you come across feel like junk. I think it's just that "new" factor, which will fade away eventually. I'm not saying that the MR556 is a bad rifle or anything, and it may end up being your favorite 'go to gun' for the rest of your trigger pulling days. But at the end of the day there is a world of excellent, historical and fascinating firearms out there....your just momentarily blinded by diopter sights. Just my two cents;)
    PEW PEW PEW

I got to shoot one and was really not impressed with it but to each their own!
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."

General George S. Patton
    1885-1945

I gotta tell ya', gun snobs really tick me off. On the other hand, I find HK snobs to be highly educated, and very discriminating. Wonderful folks, all.
    Welcome to my world. Hk ain't the only...just the best.

Funny how the only negative comments on this rifle only come from the people that dont own one or cant afford one.
    Yet every MR556A1 owner cant say enough good things.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie 7 View Post
    Funny how the only negative comments on this rifle only come from the people that dont own one or cant afford one.
    I really do not love mine as much as I like my other AR's. I am not a fan of the factory stock or pistol grip, the plastic dust cover really made little sense. Their whole silent opening was a bunch of bull as it was for sporting purpose and I doubt anyone that owns one is sneaking around villages or houses with it.

Shooting wise it is great and is up there with my other high end AR's.

Most of the problems I had with the MR556 are now resolved with after market parts. LMT stock, MIAD grip, BCM dust cover.
    Ineptocracy (in-ep-tocí-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least
    capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded
    with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

HK...The most addictive drug known to man.

Needs Therapy

I am of the opposite from PSG-1. I love my MR556 stock just the way it is.

While I can't say it's head and shoulders better than my SR15s, I would say that it's just as good. The fit and finish really is beautiful, the 2 stage trigger is really crisp. I love it for what it is.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

It was not the actual stock I had a problem with. It was the Sling loops that kept messing with me.. The LMT SOPMOD has the same design but with out the sling mounts.

I would rate it at or slightly above the SR15E3 mainly because it is 2 or more times easier to clean due to the piston design and that it is equally or slightly more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie 7 View Post
    I do not own one because after a day of shooting I was just not that impressed. I think it a great gun, well made but IMO not that innovative, its to heavy for the platform and not worth the price.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links