+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Getting a Hk 91 and HK 93 is this a good price?

Default Getting a Hk 91 and HK 93 is this a good price?

I have always wanted an HK91 since I was small and then a HK93 as I got older and came to appreciate the 5.56.

Well I have an opportunity to purchase both, and I have the cash! Both are in very good to excellent shape.

The 91 is a IA Code A2, with Green furniture, bipod, Karl Kaps scope, claw mount, and scope case, (2) 40 round mags and (20) 20 round mags with the mag holders.

The 93 is an IC code A3 with retractable stock, bipod, bolt deflector and carry handle, with an HK hard case, and (6) 40 round mags, (1) 30 round mag and (3) 25 round mags.

Private sale, no shipping involved.

Wants $2800 for the 93 and $2500 for the 91 - would take $5000 for both OTD.

I am leaning towards doing it, what do you think? anything to look out for as a pre buy inspection?

Thanks!

Desperately Needs Treatment

$5,000 for both so long as they are in good condition seems OK with me. I wouldn't put much of a value on the 91 20rnd mags and don't know anything about 40rnd 91 mags. The 93 mags are still expensive in the US however and would seem to make it a worthwhile deal along with the inclusions of the bipods and claw mount.

For the pre-buy inspection it's usually overall condition, barrel condition, and bolt gap.

I have been reading up on the bolt gap but what is it exactly?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

More than I would pay...they would have to be really clean with no scope mount, port buffer, or carry handle marks.

do it!........offer $4800 and see what happens...........that is a good #####...$4800

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    More than I would pay...they would have to be really clean with no scope mount, port buffer, or carry handle marks.
    +++1

Requiescat in Pace

Quote Originally Posted by legion3 View Post
    I have been reading up on the bolt gap but what is it exactly?
    Check this thread out: Question for the gurus.

HK91s tend to go for two grand now days, more or less (surplus green furniture is only a few dollars now days), not sure of the scope (spelling is close or is a low dollar clone?), but a good scope and bipod would make $2500 an ok price.
    The finish on the HK93 is going to be most likely messed up under the carry handle, and not sure what a bolt defector is (if it is a case deflector, the finish will be worst).

Check for full auto bolt carriers, if they are installed ... .then check the bore very closely.

-----
    Legion3 thanks for the catch on the scope, the PDA does not have a full set of HK references on board, yet ;-)

For many of us, a full auto bolt carrier can be a negative, if it comes with a lot of added wear and tear to the rifle and requires a new barrel sooner (agree barrels like paint is something that is done every so often).

With a good scope, then sounds like a reasonable priced package (with out sales tax as an added plus), just under two grand for the HK91, just over two grand for the HK93, $400 for the scope, couple hundred for the A3 stock, several hundred for the mags, several hundred for the bipods, carry handle etc.

Of course the requirement is once you get these two, have to post photos ....
    Last edited by JTinIN; 10-04-2011 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Added past the "---" Line
    Regards
    John
    [url]http://www.556beltfed.com[/url]
    [img]http://www.hkpro.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1307_1.gif[/img]

What is the full auto bolt? I think the 93 has it installed. Also Karl Kaps of Asslar/Wetzlar made scopes for the german army too at least according to this site

HK G3 Hensoldt scopes*** ©mg-42.net 2008

scope is good, auto carriers are not notched on the bottom (pix are here somewhere) (waste of time worrying about unless you have a sear......they can be bought later anyway).....bore is good to check but likely to be fine........if finish is rough come down a bit on price but really not a big deal as these do not sound like beaters

despite what others may think, a professional refinish to HK black duracoat is much nicer looking than the blue/gray these rifles currently are.......shoot, enjoy, , and then refinish one day and they will look brand spankin new!!!!! when refinished professionally, value is not hurt............

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Well it sounds like those guns were heavy shooters!
    I just saw an HK91 in excellent condition go for $2000, my SR9 was $1500. So IMHO that's a bit on the high side.
    But these guns sell for what the market will pay.

If you already have one of these guns? I would opt for a brand new PTR.

Just my 2 pennies!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links