+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about a red-dot sight for my carbines - which MOA?

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Default Thinking about a red-dot sight for my carbines - which MOA?

I want to pick up a micro red dot sight for my USC/UMP and my HK 94. Looking around the Burris Fastfire III has caught my attention, but I'm looking for some feedback from others who may have or have not used one? The new III is available in 3 MOA and 8 MOA. I'm thinking the 3 MOA for the carbines? Thoughts? Concerns?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Tom
    -Tom

P7M13
    P9S .45 x2
    SP89
    USP45F
    P7M8
    M1S90
    HK94
    IGF MP5 semi clone
    USC .45 x2
    HK4
    IGF MP5 .357 semi clone
    PSP x2
    MR556A1

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Burris Fastfires are great for recreational purposes. I've been using the original Fastfire for several years on a Browning Buckmark and for a while I was using a Fastfire II mounted on an AK via a quad rail. The automatic brightness adjustment works very quickly, I'd go as far as to say immediately. These sights were designed to be mounted on handgun slides, and as a result, they will hold up just fine to any recoil forces that a USC or 94 would exert.

One glaring disadvantage is the overall robustness. I don't think they would fare very well to being dropped, accidentally smacked into a door jamb, etc.
    NRA Life Member
    Wyoming Antelope Club - Florida Chapter

Unrepentant HKHolic

The new mini Eotech are awesome.. have one on my gal's new carbine with the quick detach base. That is a sight you can count on and it uses only one CR123 battery

If you just want a plinker reflex CDNN has the Target reflex sights for $40 to $50 and the one on my FN SLP 12 GA has withstood over 400 full power rounds so far. They use the cheap lithium watch type disc batteries and have 4 reticule options and the $50 model has the red or green option. I am going to install one on my plinker C93 when I get it
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg; 02-17-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    Yes Virginia, there are ancient conspiracies in high places

German guns, German girls, German cars, German beer and German dogs.. what's not to like?

Desperately Needs Treatment

Seeing as how they are basically pistol cartridge carbines I would say the 8 moa. I'd choose 4 moa for a .223 carbine or up.

Very Senior Member

I have an Aimpoint Comp ML2 4moa on my AR and I love it.

Default Red Dot

Hi all,
    I too would like to pick up a Red Dot for my USC.
    I have looked at the Eotech 512, plus the Burris Fast Fire 2.
    But what about the Leupold Delta Point?? Will this be able to cowitness such as the Fast Fire??
    I mean it is an HK and I really do not want to put on a crappy reflex scope.

Thanks.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by RNJ65 View Post
    Hi all,
    I too would like to pick up a Red Dot for my USC.
    I have looked at the Eotech 512, plus the Burris Fast Fire 2.
    But what about the Leupold Delta Point?? Will this be able to cowitness such as the Fast Fire??
    I mean it is an HK and I really do not want to put on a crappy reflex scope.

Thanks.
    You say crappy but again 400 + full power buck and slugs in an FN 12 GA says to me it's a pretty good deal. The Eotech and Aimpoints are completely different critters, be sure to discern what type of reticule you want.. I do not like the simple red dots myself and prefer the Eotech type donut as (IMO) it's much easier and faster to pick up in bright light conditions

One of the 4 reticule options on the "crappy" reflex is an Eotech type

Not trying to say that these are crappy per say.
    What I am reffering too is that I have an interest in putting on a reticle that would fit the needs of the USC up to 100 yards.
    I currently have a Burris 332 on my AR, I did a lot of research prior to buying this scope.
    I also have a UAG tactical on my GSG 5, which is an OK reticle for the use that I have
    I have a Leupold Boone n Crocket on MY XCR .270.
    I missed out on my MP5 here in Cali, did not want to miss out on the USC.
    Just looking for some advice about those 3 feflex Red Dot. I am partial to the Leupold,
    just curious to see if it would cowitness like the Burris Fast Fire.

Did not mean to insult any one by this post.

Desperately Needs Treatment

^^^I've shot my Aimpoint H-1 out to 250 yds with the AR. Pretty easy to hit stuff even off hand. Beyond that my technique breaks down off hand.

Anyhow we had a short shoot this past weekend. One of the guys was running an Eotech. After round 2 his sight shut off. I'm thinking it has to do with his battery connection. I had a 553 Eotech which I had to send back to them because the glass was getting hazy/reticle was getting fuzzy & dims. What I was told was it was due to mold intrusion. Pretty bad when you consider the Eotech was supposed to be good to 60 ft under water.

Been running Aimpoint Micros for several years now and I couldn't be happier. IMO I'd drop the Eotech from consideration. Others love theirs, I'm just saying in my experience I've personally seen Eotechs bite the dust, but have yet to see any Aimpoint go down.

Very Senior Member

Aimpoint micro. it's small, lightweight, WILL cowiitness lower 1/3rd with the factory low profile mount. ANd the battery lasts for freaking ever and the thing is built like a brickhouse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links