+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pakistan Ordinance Factory MP5

Default Pakistan Ordinance Factory MP5

Am pretty sure this might have been discussed here before, but I can't seem to find the exact thread. I spent the last 6 years over in Afghanistan and got to use a number of the Pakistan Ordinance Factory MP5's for work. I found them very reliable and certainly much cheaper than the H&K version. I also got to use a Iranian version, which sucked, so won't even say more on those..
    I have tried to research and found multiple sites and threads mentioning that Pakistan Ordinance Factory had a US office, but that might be closed? Can anybody confirm or deny?
    Also, from what I can tell Pakistan Ordinance Factory (POF) is not part of the company in the US wich goes by POF? Am I correct?

Lastly, are any of the Pakistan Ordinance MP5's available in the US and what would they sell for? Look forward to feedback and apologies in advance if this is something which has been discussed before.

Very Senior Member

I think POF MP5 parts are available here if that's what you mean. Whole rifles I doubt it.
    You can find a bunch of HK G3 and Mp5 POF parts at RTG.
    I'm pretty sure I got a POF MP5 slimline handguard since it doesn't have a date code just the mfr. date. You are right though, their stuff is very good. I believe their Collapsible stocks and some other parts are even better than HK.

Desperately Needs Treatment

POF (the ar15 manufacturer) use to be a POF (hk) parts ditributor/importer a long time ago...

Thanks for the feedback. I had also heard that the quality of their parts were so good that they had been supplying parts to H&K. Read it somewhere, but have not been able to confirm. Pity the weapons are't here. I might drop and email to their export coordinator and try find out more.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by mdupreez View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I had also heard that the quality of their parts were so good that they had been supplying parts to H&K. Read it somewhere, but have not been able to confirm. Pity the weapons are't here. I might drop and email to their export coordinator and try find out more.
    They make contract weapons. They do not sell to HK. HK sold them the tooling to make the stuff.
    An ever changing list of guns.

"There's something kinda sad about the way that things have come to be. Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?"
    Tool

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

The US based POF is the Patriot Ordnance Factory and is not related to the Pakistani Ordnance Factory.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by blfuller View Post
    The US based POF is the Patriot Ordnance Factory and is not related to the Pakistani Ordnance Factory.
    They use to be a POF (pakistani) parts distributor/importer back in the day)....

Thanks for the clarification.

Very Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by df662 View Post
    They use to be a POF (pakistani) parts distributor/importer back in the day)....
    Not so cool to be from that poop hole any more
    Hakuna Matata

+ Reply to Thread

Links