HKPRO Forums banner

g36 conversion delimma!

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Fabtek94 
#1 ·
ok so i have my sl8-6(courtesy of alfahornet) i have the g36k kit(same courtesy) and i also have a folding stock and grip from bmp(blackmarketparts) but now i have found this hera arms stock set up and im in love with it but i cant see forking out 650 dollars for the grip and the acr stock set. i already have both added to a cart one on lanworld and the other on midway usa. what would you professionals do? what would be better on it. i like that i dont have to modify the rear of the receiver and that i can still have a folding stock. but i like the skeleton look of the g36. i really need opinions because im going to go crazy if i have to decide myself. also does anyone know anyone who can swap the trigger components from my sl8 to the hera arms if i do go this route? thanks guys any pics of personal weapons with this set up will help alot !!!!!

#2 ·
A couple of things to consider. A lot of people are unhappy with the length of pull with the stock block conversions when used with the HK stock, especially if it's the full length K/E stock. Also, when folded, the HK stock on the stock block conversions wil block the ejection port. With the ACR stock, if you get telescoping version, you can adjust the LOP. Also, the ACR stocks have a cheekpiece that can be raised, which can help seeing optics sitting on top of the rail, and because they angle down when folded, don't block the port. Finally, there are the 922r parts considerations. There are some photos of the HERA conversion in this thread:

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-gun-talk/155280-hera-block-sl8-conversion.html

I think there are some practical improvements with the HERA setup, but that has to be weighed against the added cost, as well as the non-HK look. Alternately, you can look into the HK adjustable stock, but the port will still be blocked, and I'm not sure how the LOP will be even with it fully collapsed, but it will be HK.

HK G36 Retractable Stock - HKPARTS.NET

#3 ·
you have made it an even harder choice now :p which would you suggest? im thinking of just doing a regular k conversion on this one and getting a grey sl8 next month and making it my custom project (magwell change, stock, cut down barrel, and some custom paint to make it very very personal). which would you put on your gun dwill?

#5 ·
I bought two SL-8's. One for my Hera lower and one for my G36K conversion, problem solved:)

#9 ·
Thanks for the info. I am considering another one for a sniper configuration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.