+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Price check for insurance on HK's

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

You might be a redneck if.....

Requiescat in Pace

Quote Originally Posted by rhouston8 View Post
    You might be a redneck if.....
    The answer is yes and your point is ;-).

Guess to be safe, should limit the cost of HK's, clones, sears, trigger packs, accessories and ammo vs the cost of your truck or house.
    Regards
    John
    [url]http://www.556beltfed.com[/url]
    [img]http://www.hkpro.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1307_1.gif[/img]

Was just curious. My HK "collection" consists of a USP 9mm and a USC. I have several other weapons, but nothing that would warrant insurance. All in all, I think my entire gun nut arsenal is only valued at around $10k. Much less than my house.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by TheGunShop View Post
    My big vault definately has more value than my house in it. My "non-NFA" guns may come close to the value of my house. I don't know what I have for value in the safes. I guess I am in the last catagory.

BTW, the best deal I have found for firearms insurance is with Lloyd's.
    ]

While some anti-gun nuts would call this incredibly stupid. It's actually a stroke of genius. I'd be willing to bet his guns depreciated A LOT less (if any) than all the real estate across the US. A sound investment if you ask me. Especially the machine guns...

Requiescat in Pace

My research found that none of the three primary gun insurance companies cover blow up guns nor wear and tear, as expected. Armscare goes further in not covering bulged barrels nor scratches.

For discussion picked a normalized $100K policy the cost difference is major:
    - Armscare is near $1800 a year and you have to list any gun over $2,500
    - Collectibles is $650 and you have to list any gun over $5,000
    - Historical/Eastern is near $320 and you have to list any gun over $10,000 (if you have a $250K policy then you don't have to list any gun under $25K etc.), with a $250 deductible be loss (not gun) and can pay up to 125% of the scheduled (aka listed) value.

Have not contacted Loyd's as of this time.

Requiescat in Pace

Quote Originally Posted by skullbox View Post
    ]

While some anti-gun nuts would call this incredibly stupid. It's actually a stroke of genius. I'd be willing to bet his guns depreciated A LOT less (if any) than all the real estate across the US. A sound investment if you ask me. Especially the machine guns...
    Some of the land still has gone up, you just had to buy when it was lower in price ... same as machine guns two to four years ago (anyone pass on getting a $10K sear for an HK or AR knows what I am talking about ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by JDW67 View Post
    Was just curious. My HK "collection" consists of a USP 9mm and a USC. I have several other weapons, but nothing that would warrant insurance. All in all, I think my entire gun nut arsenal is only valued at around $10k. Much less than my house.
    If you are an NRA member then you have "free" $2,500 insurance already. Which cover a loss in a car accident or a couple guns stollen. Add to that the nominal one to three grand a homeowners policy might cover, then you are not too bad off and not as much of an issue as some of us that bought $450 sear years ago that are now worth only $160 US Dollars (but only if paid for with US Double Eagle gold coins at spot gold price ;-). Note the initial cost of $450 would have been less than two US Double Eagles back then ...http://www
    Last edited by JTinIN; 11-14-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Requiescat in Pace

If you are an NRA member then you have "free" $2,500 insurance already. Which cover a loss in a car accident or a couple guns stollen. Add to that the nominal one to three grand a homeowners policy might cover, then you are not too bad off and not as much of an issue as some of us that bought $450 sear years ago that are now worth only $160 US Dollars (but only if paid for with US Double Eagle gold coins at spot gold price ;-). Note the initial cost of $450 would have been less than two US Double Eagles back then ...http://www.nma.org/pdf/gold/his_gold_prices.pdf
    Last edited by JTinIN; 11-14-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

So, you're houses are around 5-20K?
    Not a house a double wide.

I have State Farm and just added a rider. The only thing that I didn't like is I had a gun store do a inventory with an appraisal for replacement cost. Turned in that with ALL serial numbers. Worries me with all the companies that have had security bree(a?)ches lately. A good friend said that he turned in photos instead of writing/typing serials so there wasn't a "list" per se of his serials. Smart move wish I had thought of that.

Requiescat in Pace

For all the companies in the list, no need to have anything less than $10,000 per item (or $5,000) even listed.

Default Re: Price check for insurance on HK's

Quote Originally Posted by HKMAN3344 View Post
    Not a house a double wide.

I have State Farm and just added a rider. The only thing that I didn't like is I had a gun store do a inventory with an appraisal for replacement cost. Turned in that with ALL serial numbers. Worries me with all the companies that have had security bree(a?)ches lately. A good friend said that he turned in photos instead of writing/typing serials so there wasn't a "list" per se of his serials. Smart move wish I had thought of that.
    Allstate asked for the same thing.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads