+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Price check for insurance on HK's

Requiescat in Pace

Default Price check for insurance on HK's

Checking on the current cost of an used HK SP89 (pretends it is a MP5K-PDW when the sear is installed but now three lug barrel or re-marking yet, just a paddle mag release) and HK SBR MP5A3 for insurance reasons.

Switching from NRA Armscare (four times the price) and Collectable Insurance does not need scheduled coverage for under five grand, thus making most all the host guns fall into this category, except for possible the the SP89 (even then might be close enough not to worry about it) and possible the SBR HK MP5A3 (this one is going to be close enough that probably will not worry about listing it).

Thanks!
    Last edited by JTinIN; 11-13-2012 at 12:09 AM. Reason: No longer need price points on remaining host guns
    Regards
    John
    [url]http://www.556beltfed.com[/url]
    [img]http://www.hkpro.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1307_1.gif[/img]

Maybe a stupid question, but why would you insure guns?

Default Re: Price check for insurance on HK's

Most likely for theft. My homeowners only does a fixed amount of coverage (and it is low) unless the firearms are itemized.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Requiescat in Pace

Quote Originally Posted by JDW67 View Post
    Same reason have insurance on the house, to replace the insured item if it is "lost".

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

When the cost to replace your guns is as much as the value of your home, that's why you insure them.

Requiescat in Pace

Quote Originally Posted by HKMAN3344 View Post
    When the cost to replace your guns is as much as the value of your home, that's why you insure them.
    ;-)
    Last edited by JTinIN; 11-14-2012 at 02:50 PM.

So, you're houses are around 5-20K?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Default Price check for insurance on HK's

I had a good friend with over 200,000 in firearms. Pretty sure his house was worth half that. His family had a bit of insurance paperwork to do when he passed earlier this year.

Sent from my iPhone using your mom AN SHIIT

Requiescat in Pace

So, you're houses are around 5-20K?
    One full auto MP5 is more than that ...

While I don't have very many firearms (and but one that I had was lost in a boating accident ... or so the story goes ;-), some of the guys have a few dozen machine guns and/or a few safe fulls of Tittle I firearms, so it can ad up. Then again the guys with a lot of guns tend to get a place to shoot, thus the 10 to 100 acre "back yard" tends to increase the total cost of the house to balance out.

My old rating of guns owners was as follows:
    - The "non" gun owner with one old gun from family, typically a shotgun or 22LR
    - The Gun owner with three guns, a shotgun (or pistol in town), 22LR and that same old gun from family
    - What the rest of the world considers a gun nut, who has a shotgun, handgun, rifle, 22LR and that same old gun from family
    - The last category is "I don't know how many guns I have" ... if they have to ask any question, then they do not really know (i.e. questions include do you count: muzzle loaders, different uppers for an AR, does the sear count, does a bare receiver count etc.)
    - In later years added the number of gun safe/vaults that a guy had ... with some being in the "I don't know" .....

Looks like an another way to rate gun owners is:
    - Have less in guns than one take home check (i.e. that gun from the family for a total of a used handgun, shotgun and 22LR)
    - Have less in guns than the cost of their car/truck when purchased.
    - Have less in guns than the cost of their home
    * Have more in guns than the cost of the house ... may live in a smaller house to afford guns (have to set priorities ;-)
    - Would have to have the account check and get back to you as the guns have their own place to live with a range, vaults and possible care takers .....
    Last edited by JTinIN; 11-14-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: *& Added missing rating ...

My big vault definately has more value than my house in it. My "non-NFA" guns may come close to the value of my house. I don't know what I have for value in the safes. I guess I am in the last catagory.

BTW, the best deal I have found for firearms insurance is with Lloyd's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links