+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HK91 price range

Default HK91 price range

recently purchased an HK91 from a shop. 1981 date code IB.

came with:
    -original manual
    -green canvas combat sling
    -original sight tool
    -retractable and fixed stock
    -3 mags

in my amateur estimate i'd say the exterior was in 90% - 95% condition. some minor surface scratches. however when i took off the port buffer there were some decent surface marks from it. the barrel and chamber were filthy dirty. looked like the interior had never been cleaned...as the bolt shows with the staining/corrosion. going to check the bolt gap today.

what would you guys say for a price on this? rough guess.

thx.

Requiescat in Pace

Before the crazy times, earlier this month, a nice HK91 could be picked up for a couple grand, locally this one would be under two grand by a few hundred, with a couple hundred extra for A3 stock and sight tool (i.e. never get 100% retail on accessories) ... say back to a nominal two grand.

Then again now days, who knows, guess what ever the next buyer will pay.
    Regards
    John
    [url]http://www.556beltfed.com[/url]
    [img]http://www.hkpro.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1307_1.gif[/img]

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

I would say in the $1900 range +/-
    Do a search on gunbroker to see what kind of prices they are selling for now, it is crazy.

Nice gun!
    I need more Hk colored frame goodness!

Very Senior Member

I agree with $1900 +or- $100.Before the frenzy you could get one at 95-98% for 2000-2300,now the sky is the limit.
    G36K SBR
    HK91
    SAR8 Overstamp
    Vector V93
    Vector V53 SBR
    USP 45
    USP Expert 45
    USP 9mm
    USP Expert 9mm
    HK45 (2)
    P30L
    P30

$2400-$2500 starting price on Gunbroker. Probably end up with close to $3000 or more easy.

the prices you guys are posting are right in line with what i've researched.

gunbroker has a few for 3,000+. saw one a a gun show few weeks ago for $4,000.

i paid $3,199. although now that i've field stripped the rifle and had a look at the guts. it's not in 3,000+ condition.

i might try to go back to the shop and see if i can get a price adjustment (fat chance i know). really bugs me that overpaid for the condition of the rifle. i was aware i paid a premium considering the market. i'm sure the shop never checked the condition of the internals before pricing it. might even return it and try to find another one that is correctly priced. tough in this market, i know.

shop guy told me the A3 retractable stocks were $500 "if you could fine one". seems they're only about $200 and available. so the rifle was certainly marked up.

on the other hand, if i return it...might not see another for quite some time if/when the market gets back to normal...depending on what happens in washington.

my big concern is barrel condition. seems shiny inside, rifling seems strong. i can still see debris in the rifling grooves and the barrel surface is not totally clean. have to get another brush today to get that thing totally clean to see it's true condition, since the bolt is corroded makes me wonder on the rest of it.

bolt gap i measured at .008. low end of the spec as i understand. would probably get new rollers. i read on here the right range would be .01-.20. somewhere in the middle being ideal.

thx for the responses

Requiescat in Pace

Shoot it and see how it works. I am thinking maybe I don't need three HK91s anymore and could use a MM21e more .... LOL!

I paid just short of 3K for my HK91 this week. Looks very low mileage with only a few lights scuffs. Only partially field stripped it as it was so clean I didn't feel the need to do it completely. I admit I bought it during this panic (I had been planning on an HK91 and an early AR-15 SP1) had I not waited so long I could have bought both. But living in NY I felt it was now or never with our little Mussolini governor.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM1965 View Post
    I paid just short of 3K for my HK91 this week. Looks very low mileage with only a few lights scuffs. Only partially field stripped it as it was so clean I didn't feel the need to do it completely. I admit I bought it during this panic (I had been planning on an HK91 and an early AR-15 SP1) had I not waited so long I could have bought both. But living in NY I felt it was now or never with our little Mussolini governor.
    hey congrats on the 91.

impulse buy myself as well, and i never buy on impulse. walked into my local shop, and there she was. wasn't expecting that surprise. always wanted one, so i figured it was meant to be.

i agree. better to have it while you can.

the firearm itself has more intrinsic value the the deflating paper dollars you purchased it with. so in my case i shouldn't actually worry about the price. ha.

have you checked your bolt gap? mine came measured .008. wondering how many rounds that might roughly equate to.

+ Reply to Thread

Links