+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CBC Brazilian M80 ammo any good for HK91?

Default CBC Brazilian M80 ammo any good for HK91?

hey guys,

just bought 2 boxes of CBC M80 ball ammo for my HK91. seems to be a Lot from 2012 or 2013 been reading mixed reviews on this ammo.

few things i like to see if i can get clarification on...new to 7.62.

1. saw something about the bullet being brass coated steel and potential extra wear on the barrel.

2. due to the steel...something about the ammo being "magnetic"....?can't find anything more on that.

3. some thread i saw said they had reliability issues.

thoughts?

thx.

Unrepentant HKHolic

No info on your particular ammo but I shoot Chinese copper washed steel ammo (magnetic) all the time in my PTRs, no issues except a hard primer once in a blue moon
    Yes Virginia, there are ancient conspiracies in high places

German guns, German girls, German cars, German beer and German dogs.. what's not to like?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Just bought some of the CBC myself a couple weeks ago. Got drilled $35.99 for fifty rounds. Guess you have to pay to play, and it was the first .308 I had seen in about four months so I figured I would try it too.

I have not yet shot mine either so I to will be curious if anyone comments further.

Quote Originally Posted by MW2152 View Post
    Just bought some of the CBC myself a couple weeks ago. Got drilled $35.99 for fifty rounds. Guess you have to pay to play, and it was the first .308 I had seen in about four months so I figured I would try it too.

I have not yet shot mine either so I to will be curious if anyone comments further.

you got a bargain at $35.99. i just paid $49.99 for 50. only 308 i've seen in a while so i bought it.

sounds like from the replies so far the recent production of this CBC M80 is good to use.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Man, I thought I was getting hammered on it considering what it used to cost. Oh well, cheaper than what you had to give I guess, so what the heck :)

+ Reply to Thread

Links